Brewer Fanatic

7/23/08 Brewers (Sabathia) at Cardinals (Looper): 7:15 CDT

wibadgers23

If Yost wants to out-Tony Tony, he could intentionally peg a guy in the bottom of the first inning and get both benches warned before the Cards even get the chance to intentionally hit Hall.

I'm not a fan of beanball wars, though, so I kind of just hope CC retaliates by striking out Pujols 3 times and screaming into his glove while pumping his fist each time. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think a beanball war would be fun between the Brewers and Cards:

Skip Schumaker 5-10 195 lbs. (played for the chess team in high school)

Cesar Izturis 5-9 190 lbs. (collects butterflies)

Aaron Miles 5-8 185 lbs. (wet)

Randy Flores 6-0 190 lbs. (actually owns a pocket protector)

CC Sabathia 6-7 290 lbs. (give or take 50 lbs.)

Seth McClung 6-6 250 lbs. (doesn't like people)

Prince Fielder 5-11 270 lbs. (Weebles wobble but they don't fall down)

Russell Branyan 6-3 195 lbs. (can bench press a Volvo)

Gabe Kapler 6-2 190 lbs. (can bench press a Volvo with Russell Branyan sitting inside)

After that post-game press conference meltdown last night, there is no doubt he'll be out tonight.

I didn't see it, what was he melting down about?

Just about how his bullpen stinks?

Exactly. Except he said they lost the first two games because they only scored three runs in each game.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l248/ninetimesblue/ladies/rosh/kapler.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/5c/KurtAngle.jpg/200px-KurtAngle.jpg

All that's missing are the medals... it's true, it's true!

Have a poker game tonight that is going to force me to miss the game. I may just have to go all-in on the first hand in hopes of losing to get home quick. Of course this week would be the host that doesn't have cable. Oh well DVR to the rescue.

I wonder if Bill Hall still wants to be traded?

I wonder how many fans still want him to be traded? Not me. Anymore http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

If Bill Hall really wants to be a Brewer, he needs to hit a go-ahead HR two more times this series.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

does billy have to worry about getting plunked tonight?

im not arguing i would do it if i were larussa or that its warranted but with the post homer posing (granted they were GW's) and his general hot bat, i wouldnt be surprised if he gets one inside chuck crim style.

I could see Hall getting at least a nice brush back tonight. We shall see what LaRussa wants to do.

I've seen this posted so many times on various boards since last nights game and I don't understand it. That's exactly the same thing Hall does after every HR. I don't know why you guys are worried about it.

On his double he didn't see the ball get away from the RF and was duped by the 2B when he should of been looking ot his 3B coach. At least that's the way the cardinal annoucers saw it and they certainly had the video to back it up. He could have got to third easily and would have scored on the Braun grounder. It happens, just a costly mental error early.

Archived