Brewer Fanatic

7/23/08 Brewers (Sabathia) at Cardinals (Looper): 7:15 CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A cubs fan on northside baseball earlier tonight proclaimed "SEASON OVER".. makes our game over discussions seem trivial in comparison.. if I didn't dislike the Cubs so much I would almost root for them to make the wildcard so the suicide rate in Chicago doesn't approach Tokyo.

Another solid game tonight. Fun game to be at but the Cardinal fans are really whiners. I had a group that were openly booing every Cardinal that didn't get a hit in that at bat, which was a lot, from the third inning on. After the game they congratulated me (like I did something) to which I replied that maybe they should stick with their team a little more but they declined saying they had Brewer Fever.

WAKE ME UP!!! I must be dreaming....

CC is insane. I can't believe it. Hope he has some gas...maybe 9 innings worth...to do a repeat on Monday when I'm at thegame

Formerly Andersoc420

Just back from the ballpark . . . the Cardinals fans I met were really cool -- a couple of older guys, knew a lot of interesting things about the Cardinals in the 1960s. Going to games in St. Louis could not feel more different from Philly. I'm glad I'm back in the Midwest.

The thing about Sabathia's game is that he didn't even seem to work up a sweat. He didn't strike out a ton of guys -- he just made every pitch exactly when he needed to. I've never seen a pitcher look so economical. The only showy moment was the Pujols K, and Pujols is really the one who made it showy. I have never seen him look that bad.

Weeks is getting it done at the top of the order. Everybody else does their usual bit, and we can win even on a day when our offense is horribly inefficient.

Man, I wish I could go tomorrow, but I'm glad I got to see this one.

Greg.

Wow CC is far more than advertised. The man just goes out every 5th day and dominates, and acts like hes been there before because he has. As for the Cy young comments, i was thinking the same thing. I think its possible especially if the competetors like Volquez, Webb, and Haren fall off a little bit. Also I expect Ben to be lights out tomorrow. 7 innings 12 k's 0 bb's and 1 run (a Pujouls home run). I cant wait until tomorrow.

Go Crew

The thing about Sabathia's game is that he didn't even seem to work up a sweat. He didn't strike out a ton of guys -- he just made every pitch exactly when he needed to. I've never seen a pitcher look so economical.

Even after several games, I still can't get over not having to worry about a Brewer starting pitcher's pitch count. I'm just happily struck by that.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived