Brewer Fanatic

7/23/08 Brewers (Sabathia) at Cardinals (Looper): 7:15 CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the difference in this race is going to be the fact that Sabathia throws complete games and Harden usually can only go 6 - 7 because he is made of glass.

Look at it already.. Harden and Sabathia have been equally as dominating but Harden is 0-1 and Sabathia is 4-0 because he goes deeper into games and of course a few dingers from the Brewers offense helps.

I realize Prince had two strikes - but Braun had also just jacked a HR.

That HR kinda (hopefully) put the game out of reach.

Hence, they just plunked him anyways.

Yeah, but the home run was prior to the two strikes. Why throw 4 or 5 pitches before hitting him. Plus, if your going to hit him, you use a fastball and get your money's worth. I could be wrong, but that pitch seemed like it had a lot of movement on it.

On half a season of pitching? I think not.

Sutcliffe did it, didn't he?

Yes, and Eric Karabell from ESPN Fantasy was on Homer's show this afternoon and unprompted said he thought CC would win the NL Cy Young. Think about the other contenders in the league right now. He's got a long way to go but it's not unthinkable.

I solemnly swear to have nothing negative to say tomorrow after the first 6 games of the road trip.. even if they lose 20-0 I will just say "thanks".. now since it isn't tomorrow.. you better bury the Cardinals while you have the chance Brewers!!

Man, I can't wait to get down there tomorrow.

So glad I have a couple of sleeping pills left or I don't think I'd be able to sleep tonight.

What were you prescribed, Ambien? Sometimes if you stay up after taking those they can make you feel like you're floating in outer space. It's pretty sweet!

Archived