Brewer Fanatic

Jon Rauch to Diamondbacks

Why did the Brewers not up the ante here? Rauch would have really helped solidify that pen for not only this season, but for the next two (very cheaply I may add). It kind of makes me sick to think that Riske will cost about twice as much as Rauch for the next two seasons.

Taylor Green would be a poor comparison since one player is at A and the other is at AAA. One plays in the worst Park in the minors and the other doesn't. One is 21 and the other isn't. I wouldn't trade Green for this kid on any day of the week and especially twice on Sundays.

Steal for Zona considering the compensation he brings in the future.

One is 21 and the other isn't.
?? Bonifacio is two years older but also two levels above. What does Green's realtive youth matter in that context? It's not like Bonifacio is in A+ or even AA where a criticism of his age could be warranted.

That said, there's no question Green looks more advanced as a hitter than Bonifacio did at the same age (Bonifacio has better A+ numbers but he was playing in the notorious Cal league), but Bonifacio is a middle infielder whereas Green has moved to the corners.

Archived