Brewer Fanatic

7/28/06: Reds (Milton) at Brewers (Ohka), 7:05pm CT

Bruce Ciskie

Who plays left field? Who bats cleanup?

Will the Brewers take advantage of a bunch of hits, or leave the door open for the bullpen to be, well, the bullpen?

Will Shrek make it to Milwaukee in time?

Will anyone actually show up for the game, or will all the fans be crestfallen by the loss of El Caballo?

GO BREWERS! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
will all the fans be crestfallen by the loss of El Caballo?

People came to the game after Vaughn was traded. People will come to this one too. As for cleanup, i could see Hall there, with mench batting 3rd/6th, and Fielder batting 5th.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Here is the lineup I like:

1. Rickie Weeks-2B

2. Jeff Cirillo-3B

3. Geoff Jenkins-RF

4. Bill Hall-SS

5. Prince Fielder

6. Kevin Mench-LF

7. Damian Miller-C

8. Brady Clark-CF

9. Tomo Ohka-P

or

1. Rickie Weeks-2B

2. Jeff Cirillo-3B

3. Bill Hall-SS

4. Prince Fielder-1B

5. Kevin Mench-LF

6. Corey Hart-RF

7. Damian Miller-C

8. Brady Clark-CF

9. Tomo Ohka-P

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Quote:
Now let me see a Mench Hr tonight. The change of Scenery is going to INSTANTLY turn him into an All-Star...not to mention our Tri-AllStar Bullpen is going to gel and become crazy good.

See, THERE'S some optimism!

I like it. Now if everyone else could just get on board.

Mench's RBI numbers would be better this year if he wasn't in the same lineup as Tex, Blalock, and Young to name a few.

It should be Hart and Mench to face the lefty, if he gets to the park in time.

Mench is a lefty killer, so he should have success in his first game.

Weeks - 2B

Cirillo - 3B

Fielder - 1B

Hall - SS

Mench - LF

Miller - C

Hart - RF

Clark - CF

Those are the 8 I want to see starting anyway, don't care about the order.

Why would anyone care what I think? I dont know, but here's my 2 cents. . .

Lee was as good as gone so why not pull the trigger on this deal instead of letting him walk at years end and getting draft picks. I would have been quite disappointed if the Brewers signed Carlos to a 4-5 years deal (I think this year is a career year for him, and he has no where to go but down). I don't like the Cruz part of the trade. I think he'll be a stellar player, but what can you do. I think Mench will surprise. Carlos Lee wasn't a huge bat when he was in the Whitesox lineup with Frank thomas and other big bats, maybe that's what mench needs. I believe another move will be made and I hope it's with Clark. I think a Mench, Hart/Gross?, Jenkins OF would be just as good as the "Lee, Clark, Jenkins" we usually throw out there. (With a mix of Gabe Gross in both.) I'm a Brewer fan, I'll go with the trade. i hate to see the big fella go, bu thats the nature of the beast. I'm not gonna whine. It's not the best trade, but it's certainly not the worst.

Anyways, there's a game tonight and I'm ready to watch. I'm trying to start the positive juices, and the Fighting Ohkra does wonders for me! Here's to Mench hitting one off Friday's Sports Grill!!

P.S. I think I figured out why you're asking me whta I think about the trade Islands.

P.S.S. We should go to a game Andy.

Lineups

Cincinnati

R. Freel rf

A. Dunn lf

K. Griffey Jr. cf

E. Encarnacion 3b

S. Hatteberg 1b

B. Phillips 2b

R. Clayton ss

J. LaRue c

E. Milton p

Milwaukee

B. Clark cf

T. Graffanino 2b

J. Cirillo 3b

B. Hall ss

P. Fielder 1b

C. Hart lf

G. Jenkins rf

D. Miller c

T. Ohka p

Yeah thats about how I feel, mike.

Even though I new it was coming, it took me by surprise at first. I guess I don't know what I was expecting.

Anyway, you're right, we should catch a game. If you're ever back in Neenah, give me a call or I'll be back in la crosse by the middle of august.

Archived