Brewer Fanatic

Yost: Rickie's "doing fine," but has "never achieved"

AJAY
Weeks isn't the only guy not being held accountable.

What about Suppan and his 9.09 ERA over his last 6 starts? Villanueva was banished to the pen for better numbers than that.

Well, if Weeks got the free pass due to the wrist injury for a year and a half, Suppan should be given some slack due to his recent DL stint.

No he shouldn't. Both Weeks' wrist and Suppan's elbow are/were excuses. It's supposed to be time for accountability not excuses.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The point is that they had tangible impact on performance on the field, and weren't made-up fairytale wussy stories.

An excuse is, 'I didn't feel like it/I didn't want to'. A reason is, 'My performance was hurt/affected by my injury'

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Just play Durham and/or Counsell more. Isn't there a reason these guys are on the team, other than to make sporadic pinch hitting appearances?

No, not really...well, okay, to rest the starters from time to time and in case of injury.

Now, the only reasonable comparison I can make is someone like Corey Patterson...not exactly the kind of MLB player to get hyped about.

Of all the players to compare Weeks to, how do people keep throwing out Corey Patterson? Other than both being toolsy, underachieving, African American players with younger brothers also being professionals, I just don't see any similarities as a player.

A career .290 OBP for one player and a .350 OBP for the other while getting a significant amount of plate appearances with shoddy health? Not seeing it.

My objective, rational side tells me that Rickie is a better hitter and a better fielder than Durham and there is little reason to think otherwise.

Sitting at the game yesterday, my subjective, emotional side almost subjectively emotionaled me off the balcony of the terrace level.

My objective, rational side tells me that Rickie is a better hitter and a better fielder than Durham and there is little reason to think otherwise.

Sitting at the game yesterday, my subjective, emotional side almost subjectively emotionaled me off the balcony of the terrace level.

Sorry for the one-line post, That is EXACTLY how I felt yesterday.

I was sick to my stomach when Rickie slung that sidearm garbage into the dugout. That being said, benching Rickie because of one game, especially one that was no doubt his worst of the season is ridiculous in my opinion. As has been said numerous times, he's been hot for the last 20 days or so. Durham is a worse defender despite anything TH has to say. I just see all of this as knee-jerk reactions to a crushing loss. I think we're kidding ourselves to think Durham will play better in the 58 games remaining.

Yost said during pregame that Durham's start yesterday had nothing to do with Weeks game on Monday. He was going to go with his "lefty" lineup regardless. I would expect to see Weeks in the lineup again today.

I was thinking, How many other 2nd baseman would you rather have then Rickie Weeks for the next 2 months? Here is the list of starting 2nd baseman for every team in baseball. How many other guys would you rather have then Weeks? (Not trying to start a fight, im just wondering)

Seattle Mariners - Jose Lopez

Texas Rangers - Ian Kinsler

LA Angels - Howie Kendrick

Oakland A's - Mark Ellis

Minnesota Twins - Alexi Casilla

Detroit Tigers - Placido Polanco

Chicago White Sox - Alexei Ramirez

Cleveland Indians - Jammy Carrol/Asdrubal Cabrera

Kansas City Royals - Mark Grudzielanek

New York Yankees - Robinson Cano

Boston Red Sox - Dustin Pedroia

Baltimore Orioles - Brian Roberts

Toranto Blue Jays - Marco Scutaro

Tampa Bay Rays - Akinori Iwamura

LA Dodgers - Jeff Kent

San Francisco Giants - Ray Durham (lets pretend)

Arizona Dimondbacks - Orlando Hudson

Colorado Rockies - Jeff Baker/Clint Barmes

San Diego Padres - Edgar Gonzalez

Chicago Cubs - Mark DeRosa

Cincinnati Reds - Brandon Phillips

Houston Astros - Kaz Matsui

Pittsburgh Pirates - Freddie Sanchez

St. Louis Cardinals - Aaron Miles

New York Mets - Luis Castillo

Florida Marlins - Dan Uggla

Atlanta Braves - Kelly Johnson

Philadelphia Phillies - Chase Utley

Washington Nationals - Felipe Lopez

Sorry for the one-line post, That is EXACTLY how I felt yesterday.

My feelings exactly as well! I've been defending the guy all year, but after that play I thought, OK, trade him.

My rational side is slowly coming back, but after two days of watching that Cubs lineup, let me just say I am really tired of all .220-.230 hitters in the everyday BrewCrew lineup. Since the All Star break seems like there's been this pattern of Fielder walking, Hart either getting a hit or striking out, Hall swinging a fly ball out on the first pitch, Cameron striking out, and Kendall grounding out to the middle infield. I've thought all year the Cubs couldn't hold the lead, but these last two games they are clearly the better team in every aspect.

Archived