Brewer Fanatic

7/29/06: Reds (Germano) at Brewers (Davis), 6:05pm

sgtcluels

I kinda of want the lead to stay at 6-3 now.

A semi-comfortable cushion for Turnbow where only a complete disaster could result in a blown save.

While I'm not ruling out a disaster, I'm still happy for a 6-3 lead going in to the 9th. (*knocks on wood*)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very good game for Billy Hall tonight. Good to see Turnbow is "back"...even on his walk, he seemed to be getting squeezed a bit, but at least he didn't collapse after the walk.

Feels good to win for once, doesn't it?

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I tell you what... despite how crazy and disappointing this season has been, that was one great atmosphere at the ballpark tonight, one of the best of the season.

Well, here's to getting one for Benny tomorrow.

Good bullpen pitching. One thing to note: Geoff Jenkins is absolutely lost up there at the plate. I haven't been able to watch the Brewers in a week or two having moved to Chicago recently and sorry to say, it's the same old horrible approach from Jenks at the plate. There's no way we'll be a contender with him clogging up one of our power OF spots. He's killing this lineup right now. It's almost like we score runs in spite of Geoff Jenkins. Nice win though.

Quote:
Good bullpen pitching. One thing to note: Geoff Jenkins is absolutely lost up there at the plate. I haven't been able to watch the Brewers in a week or two having moved to Chicago recently and sorry to say, it's the same old horrible approach from Jenks at the plate. There's no way we'll be a contender with him clogging up one of our power OF spots. He's killing this lineup right now. It's almost like we score runs in spite of Geoff Jenkins. Nice win though.

Second verse same as the first. Jenks has been that player for nearly a decade. He'll frustrate the heck out you and look like a t-baller against Roger Clemens for a couple weeks, then go on a terror and hit .400 with 10 HRs over a two week period. He's a nice player to have as a complimentary guy, but not someone you want to build your line-up around.

Just got back from the game. First off, Hall and Fielder's homeruns were both just blasted. While Mench may not be Carlos Lee, he showed a good deal of alertness and hustle by taking a second base on a napping Dunn (who costed his team twice because of his lack of attentiveness in the field).

Cordero has a wicked slider. He made a couple of guys look really silly up there.

Finally, I was glad to see Turnbow go out there and earn the save. Although was it just me, or did the homeplate umpire tighten his strikezone dramatically.

While injuries have taken this team seemingly out of the playoff hunt, I think this team is capable of finishing at .500 by season's end.

Finally, I was glad to see Turnbow go out there and earn the save. Although was it just me, or did the homeplate umpire tighten his strikezone dramatically.

It did seem like Turnbow was getting squeezed a bit, but he hasn't exactly done anything in the past month to show that he deserves getting calls on the black.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Quote:
David Bell... doubled to snap a 0-for-15 streak and scored on Rivera's two-out single in the sixth...

Geremi Gonzalez (3-2) pitched a perfect sixth inning to get the win and Fielder hit his 19th homer in the seventh.

Kevin Mench...drove in Milwaukee's first run with a single that scored Tony Graffanino in the third.

I was out all night and came back home to the pleasant news, but I've gotta say, after looking at all of the above names, it's been a crazy month.

Who ARE these guys?!?

Good game. After falling behind early I assumed the game was a bust. Davis pitched pretty poorly (If they don't give him the corner, he's done) but all in all a great game.

Speakng of tommorow (game 5 for me this week) I'm going to wash my Yount Jersey T (6 - 1) so I don't hav eto wear my Gross Jersey T (1 - 2).

I had a lot of fun at the game tonight. I am happy for the new guys all chipping in with nice hits. I was also very happy for Derrick Turnbow. He really needed that save. The team really needed a win.

It all worked out.

Great crowd too.

CERVECEROS WIN !!!

Oh yeah . . . . Jenkins still stinks.

Ah, a win. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Great to get D-Bow out there and get him a save.

Hopefully Ben can put together 2 good starts, and we can get him a few runs. Harang is pretty tough on us.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Archived