Brewer Fanatic

7/22/08 Brewers (Suppan) at Cardinals (Lohse): 7:15 CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for the explanation of the play. I get frustrated sometimes that big league players don't always hustle to wherever they are supposed to be on routine plays so I when my roommate described it I wanted to blame Soup for not getting his butt over there. But I'll take your word for it on this one. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Thanks for the explanation of the play. I get frustrated sometimes that big league players don't always hustle to wherever they are supposed to be on routine plays so I when my roommate described it I wanted to blame Soup for not getting his butt over there. But I'll take your word for it on this one. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

As I said, we were playing to pull and it was a somewhat routine grounder in that situation. Rickie laid out for it, popped up and there was no one to throw it to. If I were Soup, I wouldn't assume that Prince wouldn't be covering and therefore would not be rushing to cover first.

Obviously, I want us to win this game, but regardless of the outcome, I am very happy with the effort. Lohse was dealing (helped by a generous low-outside zone by the ump) and Suppan struggled early, but everyone just kept sticking to it and got back into the game. Very nice.

I would leave Weeks in. His defense doesn't scare me that much any more and I want him batting / on the basepaths if we go into extra innings.

Did you watch the game last night? He put his best Dan Uggla impression on.

Thats why I mentioned it. If it was 4-3 Brewers I'd take out Weeks for sure.

I would leave Weeks in. His defense doesn't scare me that much any more and I want him batting / on the basepaths if we go into extra innings.

Did you watch the game last night? He put his best Dan Uggla impression on.

When the chips were down in the 9th, Rickie choked on 2 pretty easy grounders even if they did hit Torres' glove

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Archived