Brewer Fanatic

7/22/08 Brewers (Suppan) at Cardinals (Lohse): 7:15 CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can someone please explain to me why Kapler was not laying down a sac bunt in that situation? Ned Yost really pissed me off there. C'mon Ned - let's not be afraid to play small ball every once in awhile.

Agree madtown. That also could have knocked Lohse out of the game because we all know LaRussa likes to play the matchups. Plus, you have two on with one out instead we got a runner on third and two out. NEED TO BUNT

Can someone please explain to me why Kapler was not laying down a sac bunt in that situation? Ned Yost really pissed me off there. C'mon Ned - let's not be afraid to play small ball every once in awhile.

When Kapler came up I, too, was thinking he should lay one down. He has the speed to possibly beat it out and he had been struggling at the plate.

He did hit it hard, though. Just went right to Glaus.

As for the "classic Bill Hall" comment, I assume it was in reference to him striking out. He had a pretty nice at-bat there - laid off some tough pitches. He just happened to get fooled by a high fastball at the end (which didn't even look like what Molina wanted). You know, sometimes guys don't get base hits.

As for the "classic Bill Hall" comment, I assume it was in reference to him striking out. He had a pretty nice at-bat there - laid off some tough pitches. He just happened to get fooled by a high fastball at the end (which didn't even look like what Molina wanted). You know, sometimes guys don't get base hits.

He went after a bad pitch and struck out thats all i ment.

Can't ask for much more then 3 runs in 7 innings from Soup.

He settled down nicely after a rough start.

One of those runs would have been prevented if Prince didn't get caught in no mans land on that ground ball in the first.

One of those runs would have been prevented if Prince didn't get caught in no mans land on that ground ball in the first.

I was out of the room for this play. Why wasn't Soup covering? Was it that routine of a play that he was correct in assuming that Prince would (should) be there?

I was out of the room for this play. Why wasn't Soup covering? Was it that routine of a play that he was correct in assuming that Prince would (should) be there?

I would blame this on Prince, not Soup. The way Bill/Brian described it, Prince should have known that the defensive positioning had Rickie playing the pull. However, Prince was off the bag and even kind of turned around and headed a bit toward right field before realizing Rickie had it. Rickie dove and came up and there was no one there to cover. Soup got there pretty quickly, but Rickie didn't throw because there was no coverage. I don't know that Soup was supposed to/planning to cover and so he wasn't right on the bag. It seemed like Prince misplayed it.

Archived