Brewer Fanatic

7/22/08 Brewers (Suppan) at Cardinals (Lohse): 7:15 CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To be fair, those numbers (4.50 ERA, 1.50 WHIP, .500 record) were pretty much what the Brewers paid for. The sad part is that he hasn't even been able to hit those numbers this year.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

i've been watching off and on throughout and Lohse's control is just amazing tonight. He is hitting any spot Molina is asking for. This concerns me b/c he has low pitch count so I don't see him leaving anytime before the 8th, as it stands now

I can't remember the last time I saw a pitcher with pin-point control like he has tonight. He is making the Brewers look confused at the plate.

Verlander's no-hitter last year comes to mind for me. The difference, of course, being that Lohse doesn't have the nasty stuff Verlander does.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I am not sure with why people are upset with the pitching the last two games. the 4th and 5th starters throw 11 innings and give up 5 runs (so far).. that is pretty decent for those spots. .

The issue is that the Brewers only have one run off of Lohse.. also Braun has an 1.011 OPS in July so I think expectations are a little crazy with him when people suggest he is struggling.

Archived