Brewer Fanatic

7/22/08 Brewers (Suppan) at Cardinals (Lohse): 7:15 CDT

wibadgers23

An odd superstition but i'm thinking some grilled cheese and tomato soup for supper. Yes, I am college aged so that is still an acceptable supper every now and then.

If having grilled cheese and tomato soup after a certain age is wrong, then I don't want to be right!. That's blasphemy!

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would have Soupp on a very, very short leash tonight, especially since Bush didn't have to pitch last night.

And since Bush is scheduled to pitch Saturday, this may be the last day you could use him. You don't figure to have to use him tomorrow with CC on the hill, or Thursday with Sheeter going.

Any sign of trouble from Suppan and I give Bush a shot tonight.

dea.12 PAs. What is that? 3 starts? Yost is supposed to consider that while filling out his lineup?

I understand the 12 PA is very small, but Yost has considered samples of this size when making decisions before. Also the 12 PA is a disadvantage to Rickie starting, as he doesn't have the experience of facing Lohse that Durham does.

Hall and Durham. Weeks had a huge 3 run HR last night, and I give him credit for that. But I take credit away for flying out on the first pitch of the game, leaving a small village of runners in scoring position later in the game, and for not making plays when he should have made plays. I would give him the night off.

I don't care if a guy swings at the first pitch if it's a good pitch to hit. The one Weeks swung at to start the game was a good pitch to hit.

by 3 keys to the game bill schroeder style:

1. 12-2

2. plenty of napkins

3. 3, 5

4. streaking

1. obvious

2. soup needs help cleaning up - in other words, a lot of balls will be in play and it will be up to the fielders behind soup to clean up after him.

3. pujols, glaus have good career #s against soup

4. brewers have won 5 straight, trying to tie their longest win streak of the season

Trenni just mentioned that Kendall will be starting his 90th game of the year tonight -- wasn't that the number of starts needed this year for his '09 option to vest? Or am I confusing that with a different number?

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I just looked it up -- the option becomes guaranteed after 110 starts. I'm surprised he's almost there already, but at least he's been solid. We're also getting close to Kendall getting up to $1 million more in bonuses this year:

He'll be guaranteed $4.25 million [in 2008] but also can earn another $1 million in incentives -- $100,000 for 110 games, $150,000 for both120 games and 130 games, $150,000 for 100 starts, $200,000 for 115 starts and $250,000 for 130 starts.

The deal also includes a $4.25 million option for 2009 that becomes guaranteed if he starts 110 games next season, $4.35 million if he starts 120 games and $4.6 million if he starts 130 games.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Off Topic but has something happened to Woogie? He always did a bang-up job on the game thread. Yeah I said Bang-Up. Bill Talk.
He sez he's very busy right now

Still checks in from time to time. just no time to put in the work

He answered the same question in an igt a few days ago

Archived