Brewer Fanatic

7/30/06: Reds (Harang) at Brewers (Sheets), 1:05pm CDT

hawing
  • Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Win or lose, I don't think we can keep this closer role thing going for Turnbow for the rest of the year. What good is it having a closer if any margin less than 3 runs is going to end up being a nailbiter?

Quote:
I'm still waiting for that "hitting anything thrown to him at random" thing to come to fruition. I've only been waiting for 4 months now. What's another 2?

Look we all know you hate Jenkins, you complain about him all the time even when he's hitting the ball well but at least stick to the facts somewhat. He hasn't been terrible all year, he had one long dreadful slump.

April 3rd-May 4th Good Start

.302 AVG, .365 OBA, .500 SLG, .864 OPS

May 5th -June 30th The Slump

.216 AVG, .286 OBA, .301 SLG, .587 OPS

July 1st - July 29th Heating up

.293 AVG, .391 OBP, .467 SLG, .857 OPS.

Yes I freely admit, the middle of the season Jenkins absolutely stunk, he was terrible and I'm glad they started to sit him sometimes vs lefties while he figured it out. But to say he's stunk all 4 months is just being obtuse. The guy had a terrible 2 months, just like most players do each year only most spread it out so it doesn't look as bad..

Archived