Brewer Fanatic

7/30/06: Reds (Harang) at Brewers (Sheets), 1:05pm CDT

hawing
  • Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Mench, don't you dare try and make Doug Melvin look like a genius with this one too...come on now, this taking teams to school on trades thing is getting old fast! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Jenks is hovering around .250 with little power and he is one of Yost's favorites.

You know that how?

Jenkins is playing like crap and shouldn't be hitting vs. LHP, but let's keep the stuff within the boundaries of fact, please.

Mench doesnt need to help Melvin. I would take the bullpen guy alone to keep runs off the board instead of Carlos hitting once in awhile. People who understand know that we need to improve our pitching and plus Carlos is gone anyways so why not get something seeing we probably wont do much this year anyways.

Jenkins is a proven major league hitter, Hart is a minor leaguer with a few major league AB's. Sit him vs lefties, I can live with it since he hasn't been amazing against them at any point his career, but all this talk about yost being an idiot because of some small sample size in hindsight talk isn't doing anyone any good.

Hart is an 0 for 4 game away from having a lower OPS than Jenkins on the year, funny how those small sample sizes work.

Is it just me, or are the Reds just sitting on the curveball every time Sheets gets them to two strikes. He needs to pitch more fastballs on two strike counts.

They've still gotta hit the curve ball... so far, they haven't done it much.

I personally would have pinch hit for him from a logical standpoint. I'm sure thats more of an emotional decision since I'm sure Sheets pleaded his case to stay in for the shutout.

Coming off an injury, pitch count approaching 100, terrible hitter. To me it adds up to a pinch hit.

Jenkins is a proven major league hitter, Hart is a minor leaguer with a few major league AB's. Sit him vs lefties, I can live with it since he hasn't been amazing against them at any point his career, but all this talk about yost being an idiot because of some small sample size in hindsight talk isn't doing anyone any good.

I can't believe how anyone in their right mind can watch the Milwaukee Brewers and Geoff Jenkins AB's and still argue that he take playing time away from anyone. The guy flat out stinks. I mean stinks as a hitter. He's a K waiting to happen each AB. I know I'm not the only one who's borderline shocked when he doesn't strikeout.

Archived