Brewer Fanatic

7/30/06: Reds (Harang) at Brewers (Sheets), 1:05pm CDT

hawing
  • Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Right now I'm just scared that Sheets will pitch 8 scoreless innings, only to have Turnbow blow it in the 9th again. That said, I'm looking for Sheets to have a quick 7th or 8th and finish this out himself.

We're paying $8M a year for Jenks and not even getting the production NY is getting out of Melky Cabrera.

Player AVG OBP SLG OPS Geoff Jenkins .259 .333 .398 .730 Melky Cabrera .281 .353 .392 .745

If someone has the freetime can you find me 2 other outfielders that make 5 million or more that have as many at bats as geoff that are hitting worse than 260. and have less than 10 homers. I would appreciate it!!!!!!!!!!!

Bobby Abreu's making about $14 million and has 8 HR this year...at least Jenks isn't that overpaid. Not sure about BA, though. Others inclue J.D. Drew ($11.4 million, 10 HR), and Garrett Anderson ($10.75 million, 8 HR).

Another blown opportunity...swing the bat, Brady!

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Quote:
Bobby Abreu's making about $15 million and has 8 HR this year...at least Jenks isn't that overpaid

Abreu does have a .427 OPB and has stolen 20 bases this year. Sure he's over paid, but at least he's producing good numbers.

Garret Anderson - $10M, 9 HR, .721 OPS

Brian Giles - $8M, 7 HR, .750 OPS

Trot Nixon - $7.5M, 7 HR, .827 OPS

Steve Finley - $7M, 5 HR, .730 OPS

Some of those guys dont' quite have Jenkins AB's but they all are 300+ PA so are reasonably close.

Archived