Brewer Fanatic

7/30/06: Reds (Harang) at Brewers (Sheets), 1:05pm CDT

hawing
  • Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plus I saw him get tossed at Miller Park last year for arguing balls and strikes and he was just beligerant - he actually tossed his helmet and nailed the bat boy.

Now that you mention that, I think I remember. May of 2005 I believe...

Hopefully we don't get any of those hijinks in the couple of months that he's here.

Edit: Although I do remember last year in Philly the fans were booing him during a slump he was having right after his uncle died in Iraq. Ueck mentioned that if he came to Milwaukee, they'd probably give him a standing ovation given what he was going through at the time.

Benny dealing. I sure am impressed with that curveball. Having not seen it in awhile, it makes you forget how truly devastating of a pitch that can be to a hitter when you've got a 93 + mph fastball in your back pocket to pull out too.

Let's tack on some insurance runs here. I want to see a blowout for a change.

Quote:
Why not let Sheets throw some sliders to the #8 guy? Nothing up in the zone, but give him an opportunity to chase something...

My opinion is probably because mistakes do happen in the form of bad pitches and passed balls.

I am beginning to remember why Sheets has always been my fav player. When he is on it seems as if the hitters are completely scared of that curveball. WHen they start swingin a lot at first pitches you know hes got the curve workin

Sheets is absolutely dealing today...what's he up to, 6 K's?

Powell said that Sheets' K:BB ratio was 37:1 before the K to end the inning...now up to 38:1. Guess you don't count IBB in that ratio.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Archived