Brewer Fanatic

7/30/06: Reds (Harang) at Brewers (Sheets), 1:05pm CDT

hawing
  • Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
I dont get why Yost never plays for the one run. Get Sheets a lead for once for crying out loud. Just move Brady to 3rd and let Prince knock him in.

I'd agree with you if it were later in the game and it wasn't the 2-3-4 hitters coming up.

I think of Ueck's line in Major League 2 every time I see Bell:

"It's amazing how a new uniform can change your opinion of a guy....(covers mic) [He's still a ____(jerk)]"

I just never liked that guy.

Anybody getting the Reds TV feed? Their announcers just basically spent the whole half inning talking about the Brewers injury problems. They were complimentary of Melvin's recent moves. Play by play guy is bummed about Weeks, because he's his 2B in his fantasy league.

For those of us listening to the radio, I saw ESPN Classic is showing a special on the 1982 World Series between the Crew and St. Louis from 2:30-3:30......suppose that has to do with Sutter getting inducted today.

Anyway, might be something neat to watch and listen to the radio call of the game since we have no TV.

I'm not too familiar with Bell. Why don't you like him?

Oh no real substantive reason really. He's just always seemed like kind of a jerk and he's hung around the Major Leagues for a long time with some very very poor offensive seasons for a 3B. That and I think half the reason the guy got a chance in the first place is because of his dad.

Plus I saw him get tossed at Miller Park last year for arguing balls and strikes and he was just beligerant - he actually tossed his helmet and nailed the bat boy.

He's only here for 2 months - I can deal.

Archived