Brewer Fanatic

7/21/08 Brewers (McClung) at Cardinals (Pineiro): 6:05 CDT

Yes, but you think everything Ned does is stupid.

I agree.. I think we are beyond the point of coherently being able to discuss Yost at this point as it seems there are 3 distinct camps:

- Hate Ned Yost

- Support Ned Yost

- Just want everybody to quit talking about Yost.

and there doesn't seem to be much chance of changing anybody's mind at this point. For full disclosure I probably fall in the Support Ned Yost group but I have to admit I may have been on my knees last inning and saying a little prayer to the big guy upstairs : )

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Ned spends a lot of time trying to prove himself right. He does not like to be shown to be wrong and has stubbornly stuck with guys in, I perceive, an effort to not admit defeat.

edit: grammar

I think Ned is trying to win. I doubt he is viewing the IGT.

Actually Mota did just face the bottom half of the order. I wonder if Yost would have brought him in if Pujols was due to hit that inning.

You let him face the 5th batter, he got him out, okay let's try one more...

exactly what i was thinking. solid situation to put Mota in. bottom half. and now take him out. Duncan has a horseshoe hidden somewhere in the bottom portion of his uni. if you know what i'm sayin'.

I don't think it's about proving anybody wrong or right.

It's just that he's going to have a role for all 25 members of his team.

If Melvin gives him the players, he's going to use them. He sincerely believes that Mota is capable of pitching in close games, assuming he fixes his mechanical flaw.

But if members of that 25 man roster are struggling, isn't using them just because they're there stupidly stubborn? I guess I feel like that's a really poor reason to use a guy.

Honestly, I'd rather just stick with Mota for another inning rather than seeing if Gagne decides to pitch well tonight.

Yes.. at least when Mota makes a mistake it is 96 and not 91 like Gagne.. also if Mota is pitching I don't have to watch:

- 15 goggle adjusments

- 22 hat replacements

- 29 shirt adjustments

- 45 crotch grabs..

Gagne gives me ADD just watching him.

Honestly, I'd rather just stick with Mota for another inning rather than seeing if Gagne decides to pitch well tonight.

Yes.. at least when Mota makes a mistake it is 96 and not 91 like Gagne.. also if Mota is pitching I don't have to watch:

- 15 goggle adjusments

- 22 hat replacements

- 29 shirt adjustments

- 45 crotch grabs..

Gagne gives me ADD just watching him.

couldn't agree more. when we played Minn it was nice to see Nathan's presence on the mound. he pitches the ball, gets the ball back and focuses on the next pitch. and he's pretty good, too. his approach is so much easier to watch.

Community Moderator
But if members of that 25 man roster are struggling, isn't using them just because they're there stupidly stubborn? I guess I feel like that's a really poor reason to use a guy.

Perhaps...

But how many "rules" have been suggested here?

-No Gagne or Mota in close games

-No Shouse against righties

-Riske/Stetter's effectiveness have been questioned at times

You can't expect Yost to follow all those rules all the time.

I guess I feel like that's a really poor reason to use a guy.
Yet you wanted Mota to fail so we could get rid of him.

I would rather win.

First off, I said almost. It was tongue-in-cheek.

I also would like to win. I don't think Mota gives us the best chance if he sticks around. That's why I'd like him gone.

- 15 goggle adjusments

- 22 hat replacements

- 29 shirt adjustments

- 37 rosin bag grabs..

- 45 crotch grabs..

Don't forget the 37 times he grabs the dirt/rosin bag behind the mound.

I almost added that one but couldn't decide between 18 and 50... thanks for the assist.

I have a good feeling about Gagne here.

Imagine if they can get thru these two innings with Mota and Gagne?

That would stick it the Cards. We just got you out with our two worst relievers. TAKE THAT!!! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Gagne on the mound isn't any worse than Braun at the plate. Between the two of them, 10 minutes is added to the game.

Which is why I always laugh at the guy on youtube who does all these Brewers batting stance impressions. The one of Braun and Counsell make me laugh the most.

I also would like to win. I don't think Mota gives us the best chance if he sticks around. That's why I'd like him gone.

I have been so enjoying the CC era I hadn't considered who they will get rid of when Suppan comes back... let's Torres is out and Villy/Riske are the best 8th inning bets right now. Shouse has been too effective and I think you have to keep Stetter as Shouse has a history of wearing down at the end of the season.

You could argue McClung or Bush to AAA to keep a starter available in case of injury or you are left with either Gagne or Mota..

To me the only choice is:

- Send McClung or Bush to AAA (though neither deservers it)

- DFA Gagne (Mota wins on velocity)

With that said the likely scenario I am sure is Stetter to AAA at which point we will have Stetter, Pena, and Dillard in the Nashville pen. Who says we need a reliever?

Archived