Brewer Fanatic

7/21/08 Brewers (McClung) at Cardinals (Pineiro): 6:05 CDT

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Even if Mota has "figured it out" this is a horrible place to try it. I know Yost wants to support his players and such, but at the same time this move does not help the team. It may help Mota in the long run, but I'd take my chances that it won't and at this stage in the season we shouldn't be trying new things out that are this risky. Please have somebody warming up when he's in...that's all I ask.

I'll take Brian/Bill any day over Steve Phillips, I don't care who they're interviewing.

Yes... Steve Phillips ranks right up there with Kruk in the last people I want to listen to talk baseball.. I think that they employ Phillips and Kruk as an equal opportunity law to offset Gammons.. 2 idiots (Kruk, Phillips) = 1 great (Gammons).. Kurkjian is offset by Vina.

I'll take Brian/Bill any day over Steve Phillips, I don't care who they're interviewing.

Yes... Steve Phillips ranks right up there with Kruk in the last people I want to listen to talk baseball.. I think that they employ Phillips and Kruk as an equal opportunity law to offset Gammons.. 2 idiots (Kruk, Phillips) = 1 great (Gammons).. Kurkjian is offset by Vina.

I would gladly listen to Steve Phillips over Brian or Bill.

Community Moderator
This is why I love Ned Yost. I can't believe he has the guts to put Mota in here. He's a smart man and is well aware that everyone hates him for this, but he's doing it anyway to prove to us that Mota can still pitch.

Maybe, just maybe, Yost is thinking of using Bush as the long guy and moving Villenueva to the 8th inning?? That's the only reason I can think of for bringing in Mota instead of Bush, and wants to save him for tomorrow possibly if Suppan isn't up to par. Actually, I don't have a clue. This is just stupid on Yost's part. I don't even care if he has a clean inning. A one run game and he brings this guy in. No sense. Must be the farewell present for when he's DFA'd tomorrow.

LOL I can't help but think this is an "audition" for Mota. If he gets out of this unscathed, Ned will want to keep him, and he won't get DFA'd when Suppan is activated tomorrow. Ned will want to say "I told you so". So, if not Mota, then who??

I would gladly listen to Steve Phillips over Brian or Bill.

Agreed. I like his GM perspective. The whole breakdown of the CC trade was great having both GMs there.

And again for those anti-ESPN people...Braun was just picked to be the fastest to hit 300 HRs....in MLB history! Those ESPN guys are so biased!

This is why I love Ned Yost. I can't believe he has the guts to put Mota in here. He's a smart man and is well aware that everyone hates him for this, but he's doing it anyway to prove to us that Mota can still pitch.

This is the exact reason why so many people can't stand Yost. Always trying to outsmart the fans which usually leads to epic failures.

Archived