Brewer Fanatic

7/21/08 Brewers (McClung) at Cardinals (Pineiro): 6:05 CDT

McClung going 5 and giving up 2...I will take that. What is his pitch count at?

Just under 90 pitches. He is just about done. I'd say if they get to his spot in the order this inning he is PH for.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
melvin in the box for the top of the 5th with shapiro on the phone on ESPN. Melvin really stressed that the move of Braun to LF and the presence of Hart in RF and Prince at 1st totally blocked LaPorta making him expendable. It sounded like the move of Hart to CF was not that realistic. I thought they would discuss Rickie a bit more after he hit the bomb, but Melvin just made a comment about his work ethic and his talent, and they moved on to discuss the mechanics of the trade process.

Ned had better have a VERY short leash with McDung tonight.

Is a point ever going to be reached where Brewers fans stop with the silly "McDung" comments?

The guy has pitched very very well for a 5th starter, even more impressive when it' factored in how much he's improved as a pitcher from his Tampa days. In his previous 8 starts, Seth has only allowed three runs or less in each of those starts except for one of them. That's damn good production for a 5th starter, yet instead of it being appreciated, we still have people thinking they are being clever by calling him McDung.

Just under 90 pitches. He is just about done. I'd say if they get to his spot in the order this inning he is PH for.

Thanks jhart. If his spot doesn't come up, I have no problem with him starting the 6th as long as someone is ready to go should somebody get on. He's been pitching well since the 2 runs, but I do worry about him wearing down quickly.

MOTA warming up!

Doug Melvin was in the ESPN booth last inning when Rickie blasted that 2 run HR, and Mark Shipiro was on the phone and they were discussing the trade. Way too much to pay attention to in this telecast. Such a change from Bill and Brian, both of whom I try to not listen to.

Doug Melvin was in the ESPN booth last inning when Rickie blasted that 2 run HR, and Mark Shipiro was on the phone and they were discussing the trade. Way too much to pay attention to in this telecast. Such a change from Bill and Brian, both of whom I try to not listen to.

I'll take Brian/Bill any day over Steve Phillips, I don't care who they're interviewing.

The guy has pitched very very well for a 5th starter, even more impressive when it' factored in how much he's improved as a pitcher from his Tampa days. In his previous 8 starts, Seth has only allowed three runs or less in each of those starts except for one of them. That's damn good production for a 5th starter, yet instead of it being appreciated, we still have people thinking they are being clever by calling him McDung.

Agreed. It's probably the same posters calling the game done in the first inning.

Hopefully Mota is just working on his mechanics? I don't think I'm pro or anti Yost, but bringing Mota in here would be a horrible move and I can't justify that at all. On ESPN it looks like he's ready to go in come the bottom of the inning. Oh boy...

I much more often than not, give Yost the benefit of the doubt, because we don't know what's actually going on in the dugout.

But if he brings Mota into this game, I cannot find any reason what-so-ever to justify that.

If even one batter gets on base, Mota had better be pulled, that's all I'm going to say.

I'd like to point out that my mother just snorted and when I asked her what's going on she said "Well, I'm just trying to figure this out. We were in San Fran playing games that didn't matter as much and we had the lead and this guy never got in. Now we're in St. Louis for all the marbles and we're bringing the guy that hasn't been able to pitch for crap."

Ned - my 57 year old mother knows enough to think this is a bad idea - why don't you?

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mota is up in the pen.

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll take another 3-run shot from Rickie, please!

Need 4 innings from your bullpen... why not Bush?

Archived