Brewer Fanatic

7/21/08 Brewers (McClung) at Cardinals (Pineiro): 6:05 CDT

Neither pitcher is fooling anybody tonight. Some of our guys have been swinging early in the at-bat, but they've been swinging at good pitches to hit. Through 3, I haven't seen any Brewers swing at crap.

It shows how lousy umpiring is around the league that this home plate ump's strike zone looks tiny, yet it's actually extremely accurate.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Typical Brewers....sweep 3 against three very good Pitchers including perhaps the best in the NL, then turn around the next night and they can't hit Joel Piniero. Frustrating....

They HAVE hit Piniero. The problem is, a few have been robbed.

Again if only McClung could command that curveball. It can look pretty good at times. If McClung can hold them to two runs through 5, I'll take it. I think our offense is going to get some runs the second time through the order and the meat of the order coming up.

ESPN just mentioned that McClung lettered in seven sports in high school.

Do you think we see Bush if Seth only goes 4 or 5?

Why not? Bush hasn't pitched since July 10, and won't pitch again until Saturday. If this happens, hopefully it's not because McClung is getting rocked -- hopefully he labors, but still has held STL to two runs. I worry about Bush being wild/throwing up meatballs on Saturday. Houston can hit.

Ned had better have a VERY short leash with McDung tonight. In fact, I'd have someone up right now. This series is way to important to let this game get out of hand.

2 runs in 3 innings? Not great, but not enough to belittle this guy and call him Mc Dung. For those who have given up on this game, why are you here? Switch to "Dancing with the stars."

Good grief.

Just a side note for all the anti-ESPN folks they're giving the Brewers quite a bit of love in particular Braun and the city for the high attendance numbers this year.

That's one of the reasons I hate the blackout tonight - I like hearing what other announcers have to say about the Brewers.

Archived