• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-3, -5 -2, -3 -1, -1 0, 1 1, 3
-4, -5 -3, -3 -2, -1 -1, 1 0, 3
-5, -5 -4, -3 -3, -1 -2, 1 -1, 3
-6, -5 -5, -3 -4, -1 -3, 1 -2, 3
-7, -5 -6, -3 -5, -1 -4, 1 -3, 3

That is how I look at it. We are currently a cumulative -4 in the standings. Playing 4 games on the road, even if we drop an extra game back (in some combination) it is not bad (orange). All of the blues and greens bring us closer, while the reds take us further away. The purples would all be fairly disastrous.

durham has a OBP of .444 verse Pineiro in his career and .396 verse righties for the season. if i was ned i would throw him out there tonight.

vs Pineiro (Career) 18 5 0 .444 .350 .278
vs RHP 195 62 2 .396 .446 .318

Weeks reached base 7 of 15 times in the SF series. That included two games against better RHP's than anyone the Cards can throw out there. Hopefully, Rickie is turning the corner.

durham has a OBP of .444 verse Pineiro in his career and .396 verse righties for the season. if i was ned i would throw him out there tonight.

vs Pineiro (Career) 18 5 0 .444 .350 .278
vs RHP 195 62 2 .396 .446 .318

Weeks reached base 7 of 15 times in the SF series. That included two games against better RHP's than anyone the Cards can throw out there. Hopefully, Rickie is turning the corner.

How many times have we heard this before. No offense to you Ollie but everytime Rickie has a good 3 game stretch he gets so many hopes up, including my own, only to crush us with a 1-12 series.

The good news is that with Durham on the roster, Ned can hopefully take Rickie out of the lineup before he gets the chance to go 1-for-the series. I'm fine with Hall getting the start, too -- I seem to remember him having a fair amount of success against the Cards, but that just might be my brain selectively remembering that he hit the first-ever HR in the New Busch Stadium and forgetting all the bad he's done. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

The more I think about it, the more I wish Dave Bush was starting tonight. I feel like the "hot hand" is being stashed. Hopefully Yost has a quick hook on McClung (something like a 3 BB, 3 ER maximum).

I'm with you on this. I just keep telling myself it's been a while since his last start so maybe he doesn't have a hot hand anymore....

One of those "on bases" was because of a ball that didn't hit him. I won't hold my breath for Weeks to turn the corner. I would play the better player, but that's just me.

Yep I agree. That is why I'm glad he is playing Weeks.

As for the righty lineup, it makes some sense. Pineiro has a .780 OPS against vs RHB in his career and a .734 against vs LHB.

It's a joke that Bush isn't starting this game, it really is. Please end this stupid platoon now Yost, McClung is just not a good pitcher.

I don't know if I would say that McClung isn't a good pitcher, but I will say he's more of a mystery than Bush. I don't think this platoon will last very long and in reality won't be a big deal. I think if McClung has a bad start now and Bush does well they'll just insert Bush. Even though McClung has lost quite a bit of weight from last year (IMO) I really don't know how well he's going to handle weather in the 90s. I think he'll be lucky to go five.

Archived