Brewer Fanatic

7/21/08 Brewers (McClung) at Cardinals (Pineiro): 6:05 CDT

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bill Hall needed to score on that drive by Kendall. He assumed the catch on a tough play.

I don't know. That was a tough call for Hall.

Ankiel has one of the best arms in the league and it wasn't hit too deep.

He should be able to tag on that play with Ankiel running towards the wall, so you want to stay close.

If he gets too far off, there is a possibility of a DP if he catches it.

From his angle, he probably couldn't see it hit him in the heal of the glove and bounce off.

Then since it wasn't hit too deep, with Ankiel's arm, there's a chance he gets thrown out at home.

Kind of a "caught in no-man's land" situation there.

Plus Hall isn't the exactly one of the best baserunners on the team.

if we don't score and we see Pujols in the ninth its over

I think some claimed the game was over in the 1st...so you're a little late on this one!

I will never get the "it's over" comments. Why play when losing or facing a good opponent? Playoff teams don't think like that and to be honest Brewers fans shouldn't either.

I will never get the "it's over" comments. Why play when losing or facing a good opponent? Playoff teams don't think like that and to be honest Brewers fans shouldn't either.

If I was a Rockies fan, I would have to think that game is over. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

There was no reason for hall to tag. If Ankiel catches it there are two outs and he's already at second. He should've been halfway to third and he would've scored on that play.

Yeah, I suppose.

But it looked like he was going to catch it, and if you're at third, maybe you get lucky with a wild pitch.

I don't know, it's a tough call, you could go either way.

if we don't score and we see Pujols in the ninth its over

I think some claimed the game was over in the 1st...so you're a little late on this one!

If Pujols comes up in the 9th, the best the Brewers could hope for at the time would be bases loaded and two outs and they still

have the lead. Let's just hope it doesn't get that far.

Archived