Brewer Fanatic

07/31/2006 Brewers (Capuano) @ Rockies (Cook) 8:05pm CST

JoeH33
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't have the opportunity (or misfortune, if you will) to watch the game so periodically monitoring the online scoreboards gave me the sense it was a real dud or lackluster game to watch. A hit scattered here and there and never any real momentum on our side. I got the sense the back-to-back jacks took a lot of wind out of our sails. It's Coors Field for god sakes, you would think they'd be able to tack on more than 2 runs.

Well, I'm back from my vacation. Boy, I sure missed alot.

This morning, as we left extreme western Wyoming (Evanston), my wife and I almost decided to drive the 7 hours to Denver, on a whim, to catch the game. I guess I'm glad that we didn't waste our time, seeing as they lost, and that they lost in just over 2 hours.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I don't understand either the road woes of this team. When they can't hit the pitching is sound. When they can hit and score runs the pitching is just awful. Melvin thought it would be a more consistent team now with the new players he acquired. I know it hasn't been a full week for some of the new players but with only 2 months left in the season there isn't any room for error. The road losses have to stop if they want to contend and I just don't see that happening.

Maybe next year...

Archived