Brewer Fanatic

07/31/2006 Brewers (Capuano) @ Rockies (Cook) 8:05pm CST

JoeH33

I'm surprised to see Hall hitting 7th.

Quote:
As much as I hate to admit it, because I was a big proponent of wanting to see him get traded today to some Mexican League team for a baker's dozen of chorizos.....I have a feeling that Geoff Jenkins breaks out a little bit tonight....2-4 with an HR, 2 RBI and 2 runs scored.

Don't worry though, he will be back to being the same old Jenkins by this time tomorrow.

Throw in some churros and I'd have thought about it. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Coors Field has a very spacious outfield. It might have been a good night to give Tony Gwynn Jr. a start in centerfield (although Clark has been swinging a hot bat lately, so I could also understand leaving him in there)

Doesn't the "Coors Effect" only make balls go something like 4% farther? Also, I remember last year the point being made that if anything, Coors is more than a doubles park than a HR park because of the insanely deep gaps.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Anyone surprised to see on the "Brewers Live" pregame that the Brewers are 8-1 in their last nine vs. the Rockies? Now that I say that I'm sure they'll go out and get swept but no worries, I knocked on some wood.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

GO CREW!!!

Doesn't the "Coors Effect" only make balls go something like 4% farther?

this *not to beat the glue-stick* is another argument about the mental vs physical side of the game (see Cordero as Closer thread)... but i remember a really interesting engineering word problem at school trying to calculate the range of a parabola (or in baseballspeak... the distance of a flyball) that factored in: incoming speed of pitch, force and angle of impact from bat, with the only variable being the air density the ball is traveling through. equal pitch, equal swing... turns out the extra distance you get in Colorado can be about 5 - 10 feet.

this does make a lot of warning track fly balls into homers, but...

it's possible that hitters love going there because they think they'll hit better there.

then again we're not factoring in the oxygen content of the breath the batter is taking and how that translates to power loss in muscle expecting sea level air... but hey, that's for another class.

Pre-Game warmup!

Make sure you have your calisthenics done, and please put your seats in the upright position.

I will drink Coors lite in hopes of light Rocky offense, and also drink Cazadores Reposado, a mighty tasty tequila! I will have a shot or two in memory of El Caballo, and have a shot or two for our new team members La Picante, and El Cabezo!

Edit:

Tequila impaired grammatical structures.

I'm working in southern Wyoming right now and sooo close to Coors field. To bad I won't get a day off for another week or so. Last time I saw the Brewers at Coors, they swept the series, Moeller hit a grand slam and even Sheets got a hit.

Ueck is angry about the people criticizing the Lee/Mench deal.

For one, he is saying that it's total "bunk" for anyone to say that if they waited another day, they could've have gotten anybody better.

He specifically targetted "radio talk-show hosts," saying they have "no idea" what goes on in trade negotiations.

The tone of his voice was something I'd never heard before. Kinda scary, but I was rooting for him.

Archived