Brewer Fanatic

What the heck are bamboo sheets?

logan82
So my wife told me she bought bamboo sheets. I know nothing about them, but told her sheets were sheets. She told me they are supposed to hold less heat or something.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

The first thing I thought of after reading that your wife had purchased bamboo sheets was that of course you would be cooler. Bamboo Sheets is just another fancy way of saying flooring and after you install it, you will be sleeping on it. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif To my surprise, there are actual bed sheets made of bamboo. They are supposed to be cooler, softer, and wick sweat better then cotton. Let us know how the sheets are, and what you like or dislike about them. Inquiring minds want to know!

she is just telling you they are cooler so you dont freak out when you see the receipt. dont believe the propaganda http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

honestly never heard this before

They are woven bamboo fibers that are made into cloth. This is rapidly becoming a fad because of the green movement. They are supposed to be pretty comfy. There are Bamboo towels as well. How do I know this you ask? Because my wife Brewermary15, is sitting right next to me. I asked her. We currently sport 500 thread count sheets on the bed, but Mary has her eye on some 600 thread count jobs. I have no idea why.
-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

How the heck is the green movement any way connected to bamboo sheets? Cutting down bamboo for sheets means you are destroying the habitat and food source of Pandas. Wool doesn't require the razing of anything, merely totally green pastures and an easily renewable resource.

Think of the Pandas.

According to this site, "Bamboo is considered an eco-friendly material, since the renewable grass can grow as fast as a foot a day."
It also can only be grown in limited areas. I am being half-way serious when I say if you devote the limited regions of bamboo to making sheets you are killing Pandas.

Killing them for your comfort!

Pandas are commies. They must be stopped.

We currently sport 500 thread count sheets on the bed, but Mary has her eye on some 600 thread count jobs. I have no idea why.

Clearly you should speak up so she doesn't DustyBaker-ize your sheets' young & valuable pitching arms.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

My wife wanted some crazy thread count sheets for Christmas last year. After doing way to much research I found that everything over 600 is basically a gimick, and overstock.com or amazon.com are your friends on prices. After all my grumbling, now I'm the one requesting that we sleep only on the nice sheets. Thus, I'm wussified.

I hadn't heard of these, I may have to give them a shot. I love nice sheets, after sleeping on some nice, high-thread count sheets, it's impossible to go back to the standard (150-180 or so) crap that most places sell. It's like sleeping on burlap. That said, thread count isn't everything.

My wife works at lands end and picks up samples and returns for next to nothing. I thought the bamboo towels and sheets were silly at first, but now I want extra sets and refuse to use the "old, cheap" towels. I guess I'll check my man card to see if it's still valid.

Archived