Brewer Fanatic

At what point should the Cubs and their fans get nervous?

Well now...

The Cards are just 3 back in the wild card and those pesky Marlins and Phillies are just 5 back! I would be getting real nervous right now considering that most had written them into the playoffs back in May. Could be in real trouble if they lose again tomorrow (Marquis) and the crew beats them up here in Milwaukee. Coming out 3-6 out of the break (scoring just 8 runs in those 6 losses) can't inspire too much confidence down there.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Yeah that was my first post - I really didn't mean to be 'that guy' - the typical one post banned type. Maybe it just wasn't meant to be..."

Bullox:

Thanks for taking one for the team!

You've cemented yourself in BF.net folklore. We'll all look back and laugh someday the great Cubs collapse of aught-8, and we'll fondly recall that day our friend Bullox went over there to NSBB, bumped up a snarky anti-Brewers slam, and turned the firehose on them!

Awesome work, m'friend!

"So if this fruit's a Brewer's fan, his ass gotta be from Wisconsin...(or Chicago)."

On that Cubs site there is no mentioning of us being tied for 1st place. I tried creating an account but they'll never let me in because it has brewcrew in the name.

Go Brewers!

It sure is sweet to see the Cubs fall, it is so funny how the fans are so cocky about it and think they are going to the playoffs already!

Yeah that was my first post - I really didn't mean to be 'that guy' - the typical one post banned type. Maybe it just wasn't meant to be...

This is all off-topic, but:

No offense, but you did indeed mean to be "that guy"--you went over there solely to whip the pot to a froth. That, to me, is more "childish" (and again, I'm not saying that as a crack) than their board banning you for your first post being a bump of a thread that died months ago.

Those guys have their place, we have ours. Last year there were plenty of threads here writing the Cubs' obit in May, too. I'd hope and assume that our mods would've banned any first-time posters who came to resurrect those threads with a one-line sarcastic post.

Just my take.

Anyway, to get back on-topic, I don't know if they're "nervous" but I can bet that all their May bluster about running away with the division has cooled to a still breeze.

I hate these Cubs series at Miller Park. I'll be full of nervous energy, and suppressing the urge to lash out at every idiotic Cub fan I see. I have a feeling there will be a bajillion Cubs fans there, and we'll hear dueling "Lets go Brewers/let's go Cubbies" chants.

And then we'll hear about how we can't sell out our own building, and blah blah blah. I wish they sucked.

I actually can't wait for this upcoming series. I can't be there so the Cubs fans are not an issue for me, but a true rivalry is going to have each other's fans "invading" each other's ballpark to support the team. It's good for baseball to have more than a handful of rivalries.

As a visiting fan, it's the risk you take being there that makes it "fun." A great time when you win; a horrible time when you lose; an adrenaline rush either way.

Unfortunately, you have fans (on both sides--please note that Brewer fans act this way, too) that take things too far and make things not much fun for anyone. Light-hearted razzing is one thing. Making things extremely personal, vulgar, and profane is another.

An entire stadium packed for four days with chants going back and forth and cheering/booing the action on the field? Yes, bring it on! I still really wonder what it would be like if the same two teams meet in the NLCS. I think the world would explode (well, my world at least).

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I harken back to last year when we were all talking about the Brewers' "collapse" to give away the division. This season, we've made up about the same number of games in about half the time. Where is the talk of "collapse"?

I was nervous last year when the lead shrunk to about 5 games. If Cubs fans aren't nervous now, they are being delusional.

In Chicago this last week on business. Chi-Town BFNetters may dispute or confirm, but I happened to notice Chicago's local newscasts running crawls with Cubs score immediately followed by Brewers score. All other games, including Sox, had to wait their turn for the actual Sports segment.

I'd venture the answer to OP's question is: "NOW" http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

I don't want "Lets go Brewers" we all need to start saying Nine-Teen Oh-Eight.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

You've cemented yourself in BF.net folklore. We'll all look back and laugh someday the great Cubs collapse of aught-8, and we'll fondly recall that day our friend Bullox went over there to NSBB, bumped up a snarky anti-Brewers slam, and turned the firehose on them!

Maybe he should get the title of "That 1 post & banned Guy"

Maybe he should get the title of "That 1 post & banned Guy"

Actually I got an email from an admin over there today.

Subject: We got off on the wrong foot.

We'd like you back at NSBB. Please, come back and crow about the Brewers resurgence again.

--

Wow.

Unholy karma

Without a doubt. I take full responsibility for the last four games. I shall vow to never again post at NSBB, even if (when) the Brewers storm back to challenge for the Central. I must keep quiet to fulfill the prophecy.

Unholy karma

Without a doubt. I take full responsibility for the last four games. I shall vow to never again post at NSBB, even if (when) the Brewers storm back to challenge for the Central. I must keep quiet to fulfill the prophecy.

What jerks. You didn't "crow". You merely went over there and tried to pay them back for their arrogance. And they took that payment and went out and bought more. Sigh.

I honestly never think about Cubs fans. Why is it worth my while? Nothing they do or say is of any value. I'm begging Brewer.net particpants not to mention the C word for the rest of the season. It simply doesn't matter.

Archived