Brewer Fanatic

At what point should the Cubs and their fans get nervous?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
You have a different definition of a horrible slump than I do.

You know I started out that post thinking he had been hitting a lot worse than that but then I was too lazy to go back and edit my original statement.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I would have to think the Brewers are the favorites to win the division and have home field advantage in the NL

Is it because the Cubs have the better record or more runs scored or a better team ERA that makes you say that? The Cubs are by no means lock but let's keep things in perspective.

No, I don't think it has to do with anything that you mentioned. The reason I think the Brewers are the favorites is because of our current roster vs. their current roster as well as the remaining schedule. With the Cubs playing 10 more games against the NL West and about 10 less games against the NL East compared to the Brewers along with the Cubs having to come to Miller Park 7 times out of the 10 remaining games between the two teams, the Brewers have a huge advantage in the schedule. The Cubs numbers might look prettier right now, but how much of that is due to their weak schedule? The Cubs are having a hard time winning on the road, so unless that changes, how are the Brewers not the favorites?

The Cubs 'have had' a hard time winning on the road -- sorry, this is a particular quirk I have when it comes to baseball, like an announcer declaring, 'Player X coming up; he's a .294 hitter'. It's not a skill or anti-skill they possess that should be expected to continue. If anything, their home/road split should be expected to even out a bit. I don't think we should expect them to win 76% of all home games this season & only 42% of all road games.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

My favorite post on Northsidebaseball.com was when the Brewers were swept by the Red Sox to fall to 20-24 or whatever it was (4 games under .500 at worst) and the Crew fell into last place at that time.

The Cub fan poster started a thread title "The Brewers have arrived......in last place!!!!"

If I had an account over there, I would find that thread and bump it up to the top by simply saying "ugh".

The Cub fan poster started a thread title "The Brewers have arrived......in last place!!!!"

If I had an account over there, I would find that thread and bump it up to the top by simply saying "ugh".

Done.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Well if the Brewers win tonight....
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Done.

lol. You got the thread to the top...and locked!

Well if the Brewers win tonight....

Then we'll be even, but I still think the Cubs are going to be stronger down the stretch.

But, I love being wrong. I'm really, really enjoying being wrong lately.

I looked at Bullox's bumping of the thread at NSBB. Too funny. What was nice to see was how certain of themselves the posters were. Given the strength of the Cubs team, they can still feel pretty confident about their chances, but I like it when too much certainty, coupled with unjustified disdain for the glorious Crew, comes back to bite you.

now, I don't know what your posting habits there were in the past, but that's pretty classless to ban you for that.

I'm sure somebody from their site was monitoring this site, saw your comment and tattle-tailed on you. Jeepers, how childish.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived