Brewer Fanatic

08/01/2006 Brewers (Bush) @ Rockies (Fogg) 8:05pm CST

JoeH33

Milwaukee Brewers

Dave Bush - (6-8, 4.95)

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f88/JoeH33/davebush.jpg

Bush's Splits vs. Colorado

Bush will make his first start since July 22 when the Brewers and Rockies continue a series at Coors Field. Bush has appeared twice in relief since his last start (0-1, 16.88 ERA) but has produced 12 quality starts this year. (MLB.com)

@

Colorado Rockies

Josh Fogg - (7-5, 4.56)

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060723/capt.c5e70be2eaeb400a824cb0c7fdb29366.rockies_diamondbacks_baseball_pnc104.jpg

Fogg's Splits vs. Milwaukee

Fogg struggled mightily in his last start, giving up three home runs, six runs and nine hits in four innings against the Padres. But the Rockies' offense bailed him out in a 9-8, 10-inning victory. Fogg struck out five, but on a night hwne he could not get hitters off his changeup he struggled. Fogg, however, has given up three or fewer runs in 10 of his last 13 starts. (MLB.com)

General Information

TV - FSN North

Radio - AM 620 WTMJ

Online - MLB.com GameDay, ESPN.com GameCast

Game Information

MLB.com Preview

Colorado Rockies Message Board

Colorado Rockies Official Site

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

probably the same reason that the offense usually flounders for Ben Sheets or Roger Clemens: the ol' "We don't have to do much today because our ace is on the mound". Of course, in your question it would be changed to those pitchers saying, "Well, we did our job while they got to relax. Now it's our turn 'cause I'm pooped out."

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Quote:
Why does it seem like the guys who kept this team afloat in the first half are kind of falling apart now? See Capuano, Bush.

It's the Milwaukee Brewers. If they didn't fall apart then we'd actually have a fairly decent chance at the wild card. That's why.

I'm a little worried about Bush today.

A lot of his success comes from that slow breaking-ball that really keeps hitters off balance.

At Coors Field however, breaking balls really flatten out.

If the slow-curve abandons him, he'll have to work on some other off-speed stuff or else the Rox will just sit on that fastball all night and Bish will be gone by the 3rd inning.

Come on boys, some road success tonight, eh?

Milwaukee Colorado --------- -------- Pos Player HR RBI AVG. Pos Player HR RBI AVG. --- ------ -- --- ---- --- ------ -- --- ---- CF Clark, Brady 2 21 .294 CF Sullivan, Cory 1 16 .272 2B Graffanino, Tony 0 0 .250 SS Barmes, Clint 7 51 .239 1B Fielder, Prince 19 55 .288 3B Atkins, Garrett 15 70 .313 LF Mench, Kevin 1 5 .333 LF Holliday, Matt 20 65 .325 RF Jenkins, Geoff 9 53 .254 1B Helton, Todd 11 51 .288 3B Bell, David 6 34 .275 C Torrealba, Yorvit 4 29 .256 SS Hall, Bill 24 58 .271 RF Hawpe, Brad 15 51 .299 C Miller, Damian 6 34 .260 2B Smith, Jason 4 11 .284 P Bush, Dave (6-8, 4.95) P Fogg, Josh (7-5, 4.56)

Yes, Billy is still hitting above 270. In order for him to move up in the order he only has to drop his average. That is what Bill Hall must do to move back up in the lineup. Start to hit like Jenks........nah, if Billy starts to swing it like Jenks....God help us all.

Cirillo is really in trouble then because he's hitting well above .300. No wonder he hasnt been getting any starts lately. All he has to do is get that average down in the .260 - .280 range like everybody else and he will earn himself some more starts.

Fogg is another guy who has fared well against us in his career.

Bush is going to need to bring it tonight.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Archived