Brewer Fanatic

08/02/2006 Brewers (Ohka) @ Rockies (Kim) 8:05pm CST

JoeH33

Who is out there that thinks we can come back today??? Bueller...Bueller???

I think that we could make up for Carlos a bit and with our pitching better, I think we could make a run, but the losses of Weeks and Koskie and the pure inablility of Jenkins kills us.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This game is really a microcosm of the entire season.

People get their hopes upthinking a nice win has momentum moving in teh right direction. Then, though it's not horrible pithcing, just enough goes wrong, just enough bad luck strikes and a display of good fundamental execution by the other team puts all the pressure on the Brewers.

Then the Brewers find a way to make a borderline big league pitcher look much better than he is and find a way to waste the opportunties they do create by failing in the same fundamental execution department which the other side is using to beat them.

Not like there's anything at stake. A chance to move ahead of a rival in teh standings. A chance to pick up a game in teh wildcard and the division. A chance to win a road series. A chance to have things going in the right direction heading into a road series against tehedivision leader.

Hope I'm wrong, but I'm guessing the final will be 5-2.

Even knowing how all the injuries have really hurt this team, nights like this make you wonder why you even bother getting the least bit invested.

I think every single hitter should try to bunt for a hit the next time we face a sinkerballer. It really can't be much less effective. You'd figure there would be 2 or 3 errors in there and a few hits. I'm going to email Ned.

Those emails are getting ridiculous. What is a rosen bag used for? Give me a friggin break.

What's a "sinker?" How many balls does it take to walk a hitter? What's that dark, sticky substance that many players spit?

Why does every single broadcast have to be dumbed down to the point of complete ridiculousness?

El Caballo's gotta be sitting in his hotel room watching MLB extra innings laughing at this offense without him. They need me, they really need me, he would be saying.

I'd take getting Weeks and Koskie back over just Lee right now.

I'd take getting Weeks and Koskie back over just Lee right now.

Yeah, cause we were so good with those guys in the lineup. An offensive force, if you will. Even with them, we're sub .500...what's the difference?

Archived