Brewer Fanatic

08/02/2006 Brewers (Ohka) @ Rockies (Kim) 8:05pm CST

JoeH33

Milwaukee Brewers

Tomo Ohka - (3-1, 2.94)

http://arizona.diamondbacks.mlb.com/images/2005/09/15/XzkScWlc.jpg

Ohka's Splits vs. Colorado

The right-hander was "not sharp" in his own estimation during his most recent start against the Reds. Still, the team has been encouraged by Ohka's starts since he returned from a shoulder injury that kept him on the disabled list for more than two months. He's 1-0 with a 2.50 ERA in three starts, with 15 strikeouts and six walks in 18 innings (MLB.com)

@

Colorado Rockies

Byung-Hyun Kim - (6-6, 4.87)

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f88/JoeH33/bkkim.jpg

Kim's Splits vs. Milwaukee

It was the longest outing of his career and it was a darn good one. Kim lasted 7 2/3 innings and gave up only an unearned run on five hits in his last start. He had his fastball working and was unhittable for much of the night. He tied the Rockies club record by striking out five straight batters and had seven total. For the third time this season, he didn't give up a run at Coors, where he will again pitch Wednesday. (MLB.com)

Game Information

TV - FSN North

Radio - AM 620 WTMJ

Online - MLB.com GameDay, ESPN.com GameCast

General Information

MLB.com Preview

Colorado Rockies Message Board

Colorado Rockies Official Site

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
Didn't Tomo say he didn't think that he pitched all that well last time out?

I remember reading that in the game wrap on mlb.com and thinking, 'wow, if he thought he was struggling, i can't wait to see him feeling comfortable'

Should be a pretty favorable matchup for the Crew tonight. I'd like to see 'Rillo get a start over Bell, and although Clark has been playing awesome, I wouldn't mind a Gross start tonight with a side-winding righty on the mind.

It will be interesting to see if this lineup can score a few more funs than the last one (two) did. And I still don't see why Billy has to bat so low in the order. I don't buy the "he strikes out too much" argument. It's better than Bell GIDP.

It's nice to see Gwynn Jr. get the nod today. I wonder how he'll fair against the sidewider. I hope he does well at the plate. His speed in CF is much needed at Coors.

It is almost weird to see Cirillo start today, not that I'm complaining in any way shape or form. It's just been a while.

Graffanino ahead of Hall? Gabe Gross cleanup? 3 lefties in a row? Hmm..., I think I'd put Billy in the cleanup spot today and Gross down to 7. 1-8 would be LH, RH, LH, RH etc.

I'd say Ned is going with his "make contact" lineup, but then why would Jenks be in there? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif .

I'm thinking maybe Kim's crazy windup and throwing motion is less confusing to lefties.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Hall verse RHP: .299 OBP / .827 OPS

I have no problem with him being lower in the order.

As for Gwynn, hmmm. Rather see Hart in LF and Gross in CF. I'm guessing Yost is going for range in CF? Otherwise how did Gwynn pass up Hart on the pecking order?

Archived