Brewer Fanatic

Let's show Cameron some respect

monty57
Really nice to see Cameron heating up and having better ABs than earlier in the season. The stat I like about Hart and Cameron is with RISP, Hart's OPS with RISP is 1.019 and Cameron is 940. They are doing a good job driving in runs.

I know that this is pretty much cliche, but Cameron is a guy that you need to watch play every day in order to appreciate what he brings to the table. The reason he catches so much flak is that the casual fan/talk radio caller doesn't watch him every day and instead looks at the high K's, low AVG, etc. and thinks he's a bad player.

It's the opposite of the Johnny Estrada thing - people who hadn't seen him play a lot thought he was a great pick-up because he was a good average and contact hitter. Then when they got the chance to see him play, they realized he was terrible.

I liked the Cameron signing a lot when it happened, and I still do. He's a good player, and he's pretty much right at his career norms.

Archived