Brewer Fanatic

No TV for Saturday's Game?

BadgerFan
Not having TV for one game is nothing to get this outraged about.

We have two outstanding radio guys and it's a beautiful day in southern Wisconsin. Grab a radio, go outside, bring a crossword or book and maybe some Leinie's or lemonade and just enjoy the show.

agree about the radio, but i wouldnt call it a beautiful day at least in southeast wisconsin. kind of wet here.

I think it's a shame not to be able to watch Sheets pitch, but that's just how the scheduling ball bounces sometimes.

So, are you saying this is all Ned's fault? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

He should be running McClung out there on days not televised

Ratings equal ad revenue. The ratings on a national broadcast network are a lot more valuable than the ratings on a regional sports channel.

I would think the revenue would be directly related to the number of viewers and, for example, 50,000 viewers of each of 10 regional sports networks would be of the same aggregate value as those same 500,000 viewers all watching Fox.

And with Extra Innings being free until Monday most of us will also get the Cubs/Astros game tonight.
Really? How long has this been the case?

I see it is true, I just flipped to those time warner channels and it is showing the schedule of games. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

EI is always free the first week of the season and the first few days after the AS break

I'll just say that I survived with no tv broadcast. We won, we didn't miss any historical event.
Of course we survived. Most people's point in this thread is that we should have had some option to watch the game.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

You really can't blame anybody but the Giants in this situation. The Brewers and FSN would have certainly broadcasted the game if it took place 12pm CT (obviously, not an option) or after 6 pm CT (the Giants didn't feel that was viable).

I'll just say that I survived with no tv broadcast. We won, we didn't miss any historical event.

Prince Fielder's 100th HR?

Not a huge deal, but I guess that kind of counts.

yeah, but I saw it on highlight shows.

I can understand whining about it this afternoon, but complaining about it now is not going to change anything.

We all knew coming into the season that FSN was not going to be broadcasting every game. This was one of those games. Come on, the television package is light years ahead of what it was just 3-4 years ago (not quality, of course, but quantity.) I still remember some years where we were lucky to get half the games on television. When I was a kid, the only times they were on TV was on channel 18 or the NBC Game of the Week or ABC Monday Night Baseball.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I wonder how much the income from being able to show the game on Bay Area television would have offset any attendance decrease that might have occurred by scheduling a late afternoon or evening start time.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived