Brewer Fanatic

No TV for Saturday's Game?

BadgerFan

Saturday's game starts at 3:05 and I haven't seen any tv coverage listed. When I first looked at the schedule I thought we were on FOX but we're not and if I'm not mistaken MLB has a rule that no games can be televised during the FOX Saturday baseball.

Someone tell me I'm wrong because no TV on a SATURDAY AFTERNOON for a team fighting for the playoffs, great pitching matchup, etc. would be beyond pathetic. This isn't 2001 for crying out loud.

(lessened punctuation in thread title --1992)

What do you want them to do? You said it yourself in the first post, no games are allowed to be broadcast during the FOX window, FSN's hands are tied. Blame the Giants for scheduling an afternoon game.

Teams are responsible for scheduling the time of their home games. This is on the Giants. I don't think it would have killed them to schedule the game at 4:05 pm PDT (6:05 CDT).

It's much harder to sell later games like that along the bay on a weekend...their first priority is their market.

That said, I don't get it...I assume they'd be getting much more money from TV for a Saturday night game, even with just 25,000 people freezing their parkas off in the stands.

Fox and FSN are both Fox. So, assuming the revenue from HS softball on FSN is insignificant, how does FOX earn more by having me watch the Cardinals on Fox, rather than the Brewers on FSN?

How do they gain from someone, who would otherwise be watching the Brewers on FSN but is not interested in the watching the Cardinals game, watching a non-Fox network or nothing at all?

Fox and FSN are both Fox. So, assuming the revenue from HS softball on FSN is insignificant, how does FOX earn more by having me watch the Cardinals on Fox, rather than the Brewers on FSN?

How do they gain from someone, who would otherwise be watching the Brewers on FSN but is not interested in the watching the Cardinals game, watching a non-Fox network or nothing at all?

Ratings equal ad revenue. The ratings on a national broadcast network are a lot more valuable than the ratings on a regional sports channel.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Hope for rain in the listed Fox game

That won't help if they don't show SD at St. Louis, the other Fox games are Philadelphia at FL and Boston at LA.

I'm assuming we get the StL game, which is at least of some interest.

The Giants schedule Saturday games for 1:00 so all their fans will be able to enjoy the San Francisco night life. The Brewers schedule Saturday games for 6:00 so everyone can be home in bed by 10. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Unfortunately, the FOX contract with MLB lasts through 2013, so we're not going to be seeing Saturday exclusivity ending any time soon.

And you can't fault the Giants for scheduling games to meet the desires of their fans. There's more than enough scheduling that's done to accommodate TV. A couple years ago, I remember reading that the Giants scheduled more day games than anyone other than the Cubs, so I guess we just got caught in that.

Anyway, I'm not pleased, either, but since there's no immediate solution, I guess all I can do is whine unproductively.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

And with Extra Innings being free until Monday most of us will also get the Cubs/Astros game tonight.

Really? How long has this been the case?

I see it is true, I just flipped to those time warner channels and it is showing the schedule of games. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Not having TV for one game is nothing to get this outraged about.

We have two outstanding radio guys and it's a beautiful day in southern Wisconsin. Grab a radio, go outside, bring a crossword or book and maybe some Leinie's or lemonade and just enjoy the show.

Archived