Brewer Fanatic

8/4/06 Other Games

PeaveyFury

Now 5-4 Cincy, top 9.

Giles leads off Atlanta 9th with a single vs. Guardado.

EDIT-Now Renteria doubles off the wall. 2nd and 3rd for Atlanta with no outs. Andruw Jones being intentionally walked. Bases loaded no outs for the Braves, with McCann due up.

McCann pops out to SS. Francouer is now up.

Ridiculous. Francouer goes down 5-4-3, game over. Reds win.

Bases juiced, no one out and they can't score with the #4 and #5 hitters in their lineup.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Also, Chase Utley 0-4 so far tonight at NYM. He may get one more AB.

EDIT-He will get one more AB, he will lead off the 9th.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

I'm all for Utley breaking the record, but I'm also all for merciless beatings of every baseball analyst who has commented on the hit streak as if Utley is anywhere near the record.

These morons should be banned from talking about it until it reaches a minimum of 44 games.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

These morons should be banned from talking about it until it reaches a minimum of 44 games.

For what it's worth, the guys on the Mets broadcast said Utley isn't talking about it with the media.

Arizona with 5 hits off Oswalt in the first inning, 3-1 D-Backs.

Utley leads off the 9th, falls behind 0-2, fights back to 2-2 and K's swinging. Streak appears to be over.

They mentioned on ESPN last night that Utley wasn't talking about it. Of course, that wasn't stopping EVERYONE ELSE from doing it.

Exactly. At least Utley wasn't talking about it.

Did anyone see Bonds ejection last night?

Bonds was arguing a ball/strike call in the 9th inning.

After the situation appeared to blow over before the next pitch, the ump starting getting in Bonds face, instead of the other way around.

When Bonds argued, he was tossed.

Edit: I guess the Giants fans caused an 11 minute delay when they threw garbage and bottles onto the field after the ejection.

That's too bad that the umpire decides he has to be the center of attention. It has been nice and quite on the Bonds front, though, he's been free to do his .950 OPS thing in peace.

The same thing happened last week with Narron and whoever was umping last Saturday at MP. The guy initiated the screaming match.

Obviously not an excuse for littering the field with trash, though.

Archived