Brewer Fanatic

08/05/2006 Brewers (Sheets) vs. Cardinals (Reyes) 6:15 p.m.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
Ben is out of shape. Period. I am starting to question his heart.

Ok.

Sheets looked a lot thinner to me actually. And do you have any inside info on his training regimen? That's the only way I can imagine you questioning his heart with any credibility.

Quote:
Ok.

Sheets looked a lot thinner to me actually. And do you have any inside info on his training regimen? That's the only way I can imagine you questioning his heart with any credibility.

Let's see....our $10 million dollar/year ace went on the DL twice last year, missed all but about 3 weeks of this year, and continues to go down with all sorts of "tightness" and "soreness" ailments. Do you really blame him?

Quote:
Any word on the severity of Sheets latest injury?

I'll tell you in advance. He's fine, they just pulled him as a precautionary measure. They'll evaluate him and see how he feels, but it just didn't feel right and that was why he was removed.

So he is done for the season.

bucksman's opinions turn on a dime, especially the negative ones, I wouldn't worry too much about anything he says.

As for Jenkins, that puts his OPS over .800 since July 1st. He might not be on a mega hot streak yet but he hasn't been hitting poorly since June. In fact other than his mini 4 game slump where he took an 0 for he's been hitting the ball pretty well.

I'm sure Bucksman has got his Dr. Frist diagnosis by TV diploma...

I didn't give a diagnosis, if you read my post correctly. I questioned his athleticism and heart because of his babying of injuries. Keep on backing Sheets though. He could turn into Kerry Wood/Mark Prior and a lot of you will back him strongly because of his one good season. I wish I could be a pitcher in the bigs with a career losing record and one season with a sub-3 ERA and be treated like a god as Ben Sheets is across much of the Brewer nation.

How can you possibly know (or even guess) that he is babying injuries? You don't know the severity. If he did what you wanted, he'd probably be seriously hurt. When he tore his lat, he felt tightness but decided to try to pitch through it. Would you rather have him do that again?

Archived