Brewer Fanatic

08/05/2006 Brewers (Sheets) vs. Cardinals (Reyes) 6:15 p.m.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Even if Sheets had sucked it up what would it have done? He most likely would have killed the Brewers tonite if he had stayed in the game. His curve ball wasn't biting very much and his velocity was way down. Lucky to get out of the 1st inning with only 1 run allowed.

Sheets is pretty much snake-bit. I mean, has anyone ever heard of "pec tightness" knocking someone out?

Nope. bullox said it best, Ben is out of shape. Period. I am starting to question his heart. A lot of people on here and in general tend to stand up for the guy through a lot of stuff that he pulls but I'm sorry, one decent season in '04 with a low ERA and high K totals doesn't make up for his lack of production after his big contract was handed out.

I won't quite put Sheets in Kerry Wood territory yet, if only because his injuries are more evenly distributed over his body -- arm, ear, chest, etc. I guess he's due for some turf toe next?

Nice to hear a Jenks home-run call, though. I had sort of forgotten what one sounded like . . .

Archived