Brewer Fanatic

Justin Duscherer

No kidding, the A's may actually deal this guy. Duscherer is having a remarkable season, but Oakland is at least listening to what's out there.

I would imagine Huston Street is also a possibility....wouldn't it be fun if....nah, the Brewers wouldn't go that big, would they?

Dush has a .213 BABIP, a 79.7 LOB%, and 4.8% HR/FB. He's quite good, but he's not really pitching any differently than he has in the past, and is going to come to earth (his usual ~3 ERA) soon.

Street is at least as good - I'd love whichever one costs less.

Huston Street is making 3.3 million this year, which is his first arbitration year, so he is under control through 2010, with two more arbitration years. Duke is making 1.2 million this year, and had just over 4 years of service time at the begining of the year according to cots. The word on Street is that he is going to cost a ton, I could see a team having to give up more to get him, then we did to get Sabathia. Before the season started John Heyman reported that the A's asked for Joba Chamberlain from the yankees, and Street has done nothing to diminish his value.

Archived