Brewer Fanatic

7/18/08 Brewers (Sabathia) at Giants (Cain): 9:15 CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cameron goes yard. Game over.

Get CC out of there.

Perfect time to see if the break did anything for Mota.

If not, DFA him tomorrow.

EDIT: Yeah, I didn't think so. Strike 'em out CC!!!!

Sabathis is under 100 pitches coming into the inning, let him finish it.

I agree.. I am not sure why there is concern on pitch counts with Sabathia.. we are not the ones that are going to have to pay for it next year anyways..

Since there's no other games thread for today, I'll just put this here -- the Arizona/Los Angeles game tonight has been nuts. The Dodgers jumped out to a 3-0 lead after the top of the 1st against Doug Davis, but the D'Backs responded with 4 runs in the bottom of the 1st against Kuroda. Arizona scored 2 more in the bottom of the 2nd to go up 6-3, but the Dodgers scored 2 in the top of the 3rd to cut the lead to 6-5. Arizona responded with another run in the bottom of the 3rd, making it 7-5, but the Dodgers managed to tie it with single runs in the 6th and 7th -- it's now tied in the bottom of the 9th. Crazy, crazy first game of a series that's basically for first place in the NL West.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Since there's no other games thread for today, I'll just put this here -- the Arizona/Los Angeles game tonight has been nuts. The Dodgers jumped out to a 3-0 lead after the top of the 1st against Doug Davis, but the D'Backs responded with 4 runs in the bottom of the 1st against Kuroda. Arizona scored 2 more in the bottom of the 2nd to go up 6-3, but the Dodgers scored 2 in the top of the 3rd to cut the lead to 6-5. Arizona responded with another run in the bottom of the 3rd, making it 7-5, but the Dodgers managed to tie it with single runs in the 6th and 7th -- it's now tied in the bottom of the 9th. Crazy, crazy first game of a series that's basically for first place in the NL West.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t196/amandakay1981/brianfellows.jpg

man, this was a heck of a game to sit outside on the patio watching the game with some beers in hand and the cockroaches crawling on the windows to take a peek at the action.

Great start to the road trip! I can't believe we have a 1-2 punch for 4 games on the trip. Makes things a bit easier, in theory.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I'm just waiting for Sabathia to park one into the Cove. He's taking some mighty hacks up there.

As he was walking back into the dugout after his last AB, I drunkenly yelled at him, "Pinch hit Splash Hit tomorrow, CC!" His stroke looks so good and powerful.

Man, that one wiped out all my bad memories of seeing them limp through the West Coast last year. After watching CC in the first inning I never got any kind of feeling the Crew was gonna lose this one. I was sitting a couple rows back from the dugout and the guys looked loose and fresh which seems a rarity out here--I'm glad this was a first stop after the break because it has to have helped. I think with Sheets on the mound tomorrow we've got a good shot at taking the series (which shouldn't be an accomplishment against these recent Giants teams but would be at any rate) but I was just happy to see a win (a dominating one at that) and pick one up tonight.

Lot of Brewers fans there tonight in my section, by the way--but even more CC Sabathia fans! A lot of people there cheering for him tonight with beautiful brand new Sabathia jerseys. I bet he had a ton of friends and family there.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the series.

Have to hope that the brewers can sign CC.He is a quality stud that we need to keep.

Hopefully Cameron is going to get hot and solidify the Lineup.

Still to many men LOB for the most part again tonight being the only downer.

A lot of people there cheering for him tonight with beautiful brand new Sabathia jerseys. I bet he had a ton of friends and family there.

During the TV broadcast they reported that CC bought 90 tickets for friends and family, adding something like "as the new guy on the team, he didn't feel right just asking for 90."

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived