Brewer Fanatic

7/18/08 Brewers (Sabathia) at Giants (Cain): 9:15 CDT

wibadgers23
Any chance they go back and change the scoring on Hardy's play to make this a no hit bid just for fun.

I thought I heard Powell say they'd done that but I must have been hearing things. Gameday still shows a hit.

So does Yahoo, that would make things really really exciting

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where is all the Rickie bashing now? On base twice tonight, involved in 2 of the 3 runs scored.

Yes.. I don't know if I am more excited that his average is up to .218 or his OPS is up to .688.. I have serious chills going on here.

Your right trowekamp, I forgot that you can't raise your average and OPS 200 points overnight.
Yes.. you are correct you can't offset 3 months of being horrible with a ground ball single..

If Rickie could hit .300 the rest of the way the Brewers win the division by 5 games if everybody else just plays the way they have been.

Unfortunately after the last 3 years I don't have confidence it will happen.

I don't know why baseball doesn't move into the 21st century and get rid of the official scorer and just have it determined by an Internet vote.. based on the all-star results I think we can all agree that Sabathia would have a no-no going tonight if they did that.

Between Keiichi Yabu and Osiris Matos, these Giants relievers are getting the best of Brian. Did he just say "Osoria", as in a completely different reliever on a completely different team? I'm sure he's wondering why they all can't be as easy as "Matt Cain."

Only 70 pitches heading into the 7th for CC...very nice.

Edit: After looking at that replay a million times, I think it would've been an infield hit even if JJ fielded it cleanly. Lewis has crazy speed and it would've been a close play either way. Not like it matters now, though...good thing Fielder hit that HR now, huh?

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I enjoyed Trenni's brief interview with Margie Sabathia, CC's mom. She sounded pretty down to earth for giving birth to and raising a super-stud pitcher worshipped as a god by Wisconsinites. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

So what do you do here in the 9th?

Sure would be nice to get CC out of there after 8 with less than 100 pitches thrown.

Get him a few outings with under 100 pitches, maybe he can go on three days rest if needed somewhere down the road.

6-1 lead, you would hope your bullpen would be able to hold that lead against the Giants.

But who do you trust out there? Don't really want to use Torres if you don't have to with a 5-run lead.

Sure would be nice if you could steal an inning by using Gagne.

The hell with it, let CC get the CG. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I enjoyed Trenni's brief interview with Margie Sabathia, CC's mom. She sounded pretty down to earth for giving birth to and raising a super-stud pitcher worshiped as a god by Wisconsinites.

He sure is spoiling us so far, isn't he.

Archived