Brewer Fanatic

Sonic drive-ins coming to Wisconsin!

TracyThom
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sonic frustrates me. I've been to Sonics in Phoenix and South Florida, and they could never get my order right. One time I asked for a hamburger (you know, without cheese), and I got a cheeseburger. I asked for no cheese 2-3 times, and my burger came out each time with cheese. I just gave up. This other time, they kept giving me the wrong drink. I think it's the phone ordering method -- it breeds a lot of potential confusion. But...I'm sure I'll check it out when it arrives in town.

I also hate the Sonic commercials and have never had their food so I don't have a whole lot of motivation to go and try them. I am perfectly content with Arby's, Culvers, and Taco Bell even though Culvers is getting expensive for "Fast Food"

I am pretty sure if Good Burger existed it would be totally awesome. Yes Good Burger you can take my order.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Jack In the Box actually has the cleanest meat processing operation of any fast food restaurant. It was put in place as a direct result of the issues in the 80s. Read Fast Food Nation - it's all covered there.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Sonic is a fun place to create your own "ade". Consistantly disappointed by the food though. We have one a block from our house, and we never eat there. I was thrilled that they had them when I moved here (SW IL), and will second that the frito pie is great (although discontinued in my area), the commercials are great, but the actual experience is a letdown. We hit happy hour for cherry limeades, and that is the extent.

Nothing can match the silliness of the Krispy Kreme. Proof that the quality of a product means nothing, a business can still go down the tubes because of poor management and debt.

Spot on. It's a real shame and I hope they survive in places outside the South despite their disastrous over-expansion.

I like everything about Jack in the Box right up to the moment the food itself slides down my throat. Uff da.

Nothing can match the silliness of the Krispy Kreme. Proof that the quality of a product means nothing, a business can still go down the tubes because of poor management and debt.

Am I all alone here, or does anyone else think Krisp Kreme doughnuts (and the Kwik Trip copycat doughnuts) are way overrated? I'd prefer a custard-filled or jelly-filled doughnut from a local bakery anyday over one of those other kind.

I agree with Chuck Barkley that a warm Krispy Kreme is the best food on the planet. I get some every time when I'm in Milwaukee, and then eat them on the way to Miller Park.

Regualr donuts have so much weight to 'em, KK's are full of air and just glide down. However, many folks feel just like Mtrebs.

mtrebs wrote:

Am I all alone here, or does anyone else think Krisp Kreme doughnuts (and the Kwik Trip copycat doughnuts) are way overrated? I'd prefer a custard-filled or jelly-filled doughnut from a local bakery anyday over one of those other kind.

I always preferred Dunkin Doughnuts myself, but bakery donuts are easier to get and just as good.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I agree with Chuck Barkley that a warm Krispy Kreme is the best food on the planet. I get some every time when I'm in Milwaukee, and then eat them on the way to Miller Park.

Regualr donuts have so much weight to 'em, KK's are full of air and just glide down. However, many folks feel just like Mtrebs.

I think the reason I don't like Krispy Kreme doughnuts is because they are so air-y. If I'm going to waste the calories and indulge in a doughnut I want to get the most dense doughnut I can find.

WE stopped there in KC and were disappointed. Just seemed like regular fast food.

Sonic is pretty nasty in my book. In the 4 years I lived in Kansas City' date=' I ate there once and it wa on the lower end of the fast food scale. There are a ton of them in KC and there always seemed to only be about 2 or 3 cars at them every time I went by.[/quote']

This might be a pattern, the only Sonic I went to was in KC on a Brewers road trip. Not a fan in the least, standard fast food at best. I will give them another shot, seeing this KC pattern.

Krispy Kremes might be the only food more over hyped than State Fair Cream Puffs

• 5 months later...

BUMP:

The Sonic in Eau Claire is open! While driving to my mom's house in Rusk County after Christmas, I had to make the 6 mile detour off Highway 53 to check out the new Sonic. I wasn't that hungry, but I stopped anyway. I ordered a huge slush and tater tots. The tots were not as good as I remembered, but the slush was awesome. Next time I am that way I'll be sure to bring an appetite.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been consistently forgetting to bump this thread to report that the Sonic in Middleton (just past the boundary with Madison on University Avenue) has been open for a week or so. Between the S.O. and me, we've been sick the last two weeks, so visiting hasn't even crossed our minds yet.

Before the opening I read that the local Sonic manager was working with the city of Middleton to minimize traffic hassles...but as I've noticed no news since, I don't know if that means attendance is less than expected or not.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

The Middleton location opened Monday, 1/26.

Here's a Capital Times story from January 26, and here's a State Journal story from January 24, detailing the plan for dealing with traffic backups. The "Capital Newspapers" don't seem to have followed up, but here is the Isthmus/Daily Page story mentioned by R U above.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived