Brewer Fanatic

08/06/2006 Brewers (Capuano) @ Cardinals (Suppan) 1:15 CT

thablingster
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
no it doesn't pay to talk about his 5.07 era. if he had 19.43 era in 24 starts this year, it still wouldn't matter. its going to be a complete game shut out. pitcher with sinker stuff vs brewers = brewers lose. it is a fact of life. jeff cirillo should be starting this game and batting 3rd. fielder 4th and mench in AAA.

Quote:
They did mention and show Suppan's ERA when he took the mound in the first inning.

That's great.

All I've heard for the four innings I've been watching is about how great his control is and how dominant he's been against the Brewers.

It's awesome, really. They just touched up Cappy while we can't even get anyone on base against one of the worst regular starting pitchers in all of Major League Baseball.

Pretty sad. Even sadder when people paid to broadcast a baseball game fail to see a problem, and continue to act like Suppan is about to cement his candidacy for the Hall of Fame.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Another series loss.

We haven't won a series against a team other than the Reds since June.

Can we please cut the playoff talk?

Fire Wynegar. Start Hart, start Gwynn. I don't care. Do SOMETHING. It's not like we're going to get any worse.

Speaking of which, as someone brought up awhile back, we have to be the most predictable team in baseball in every series. We win a close one, lose a close one, and get blown out in one. I may as well just stop checking out the games and just try to guess which one of the 3 we are going to win.

I don't know if I'd say that I'm restless, but more of frustrated with lack of execution. Last night, the pen came in and really shut down the Cards...plenty of chances to execute and score a run or two to take the lead...today, early in the game, Cappy was pitching a great game, and there were a few opportunities, but again, a lack of execution came through once again. This has happened over and over, not just this year, but as long as I started regularly going to Brewer games as a kid (about 1985 or so). We've been through new managers, new hitting coaches, new pitching coaches, so on, and so forth, and nothing has changed. Sure, you can use the injury excuse, but you have to be able to play baseball pretty well to make it to the major leagues. Earn your money, and do what you're supposed to do. WIN GAMES!

I'm glad they're off tomorrow. That will be two consecutive nights of good sleep that I'll get, since I'm over this afternoon's debacle and won't have to worry about another one tomorrow.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived