Brewer Fanatic

Doctor Horrible's Sing-Along Blog

brewers19

In case people haven't heard, the second act of Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog is online today, with the final act being available Saturday.

Quoth Wikipedia:
Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog is a 40-minute, 3-part musical comedy produced for the Internet, telling the story of a low-rent supervillain, the hero who keeps beating him up, and the cute girl from the laundromat he's too shy to talk to.

It's written by Buffy The Vampire Slayer and Firefly creator Joss Whedon and stars Neil Patrick Harris as Dr. Horrible and Nathan Fillon as Captain Hammer, his arch nemesis.

All I have to say is that I view Hammering Hank now in a completely different light!

I thought it was a slow starter but it grew on me. For some reason it reminded me of The Myth adventures series and the beginning of Sweeny Todd simultaneously. Yes I have issues. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

never heard of this before but I watched anyways. i didn't really laugh at all, but the music was pretty catchy. As a music teacher, I appreciate musicals probably a lot more than other people. This was well done. I kept flashing back to "Little Shop of Horrors" all the time, though.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Never in a billion years would I have predicted that Neil Patrick Harris' career would turn out so well. He seem destined to be another ex-child-star loser. But the guy is just hilarious (see Harold and Kumar, "How I Met Your Mother" -- which is really pretty dreadful otherwise).

Archived