Brewer Fanatic

Josh Hamilton ESPN Insider story

Howdy all. I am not an ESPN Insider member, but I noticed Peter Gammons wrote a column on Josh Hamilton but with all Insider stories, only the first few paragraphs are shown and I would like to read the entire story.

I know the Insider members here are leary of disclosing the entire article, but Hamilton is my inspiration right now (I am working my way back from "something" right now) and I am using him as an example to continue my trek back. Is there any way someone can assist me? Or can I buy just the ONE story from Insider instead of paying an entire subscription rate?

I don't get why you have to pay for ESPN Insider, when recently Sports Illustrated created The Vault where you can read back issues for free. I remember when ESPN writers put up stuff for free, and now the Insider has came around, it makes it fairly difficult to find any stories to be interested in, because they all get cut off after the 2nd paragraph.

People pay enough to see the cable network, do they really need more money? Is Peter Gammons really that hard pressed that you have to pay to read his blog? Stupid.

I don't get why you have to pay for ESPN Insider, when recently Sports Illustrated created The Vault where you can read back issues for free. I remember when ESPN writers put up stuff for free, and now the Insider has came around, it makes it fairly difficult to find any stories to be interested in, because they all get cut off after the 2nd paragraph.

People pay enough to see the cable network, do they really need more money? Is Peter Gammons really that hard pressed that you have to pay to read his blog? Stupid.

You have to pay for ESPN Insider because ESPN is a business. They want to make as much money as they can. Obviously enough people are paying for it that they don't need to give it away for free. SI is still promoting their magazine, which is why they exist.

I don't think that Gammons gets all that money. The writers don't have a choice about if they are Insider or not. Neyer didn't want to go behind that wall, but that is what the suits decided.

I have never subscribed to the Insider because I doubt that they would have any story that isn't out on the web somewhere else anyway. If you particularly like a writer I would understand it though. Google him and I am sure you will find a lot of Josh out there. It is an awesome story and one I hope continues to be successful. Good luck to you in your "something" as well. "Somethings" can be pretty tough to get through.

Article

That is an article that Gammons linked to in the blog piece about Hamilton. This article is how Hamilton is serving as an inspiration for Jeff Allison, the former 1st round pick of the Marlins that has battled heroin addiction and OD'd a few times I believe.

Good stuff, I'm rooting for both guys and anybody fighting addiction.

Archived