Brewer Fanatic

Tony Clark returns to AZ

splitterpfj

I'm surprised that guy is still playing actually. I guess a power bat is not unlike a power arm whereas all other deficiencies are overlooked for a guy to get a ton of chances in hopes that power potential eventually works out... even after the guy's prime is over if he still has power he'll often still get a look.

Rp

Arizona's fooling themselves if they think this is the only move they need to make to improve that offense. They desperately need someone like Xavier Nady or Jason Bay, but they gutted their farm system with the Dan Haren trade.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

He was serviceable last year (.249 BA, 17 HR, .821 OPS in 113 games) and had a really nice year as recently as 2005 (.304 BA, 30 HR, 1.002 OPS), so as a backup 1B, he's fine. He plays a pretty solid 1B, if I remember correctly, too. I bet we'd like to have a switch hitting power bat off the bench, yes?

Archived