Brewer Fanatic

08/04/2006 Brewers (Davis) @ Cardinals (Carpenter), 7:10 CT

thablingster
  • Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
At least he's making up for his lack of fielding skills with his power stroke.

Yeah, that's great. It's August and Jenkins has yet to reach double digits in HR's. I just don't consider him a "power hitter" anymore. That's leadoff hitter power. Of course, his batting average and OBP is hardly leadoff hitter ability.

Now Davis walks Belliard AGAIN and puts a runner in scoring position. His "good" outing is quickly becoming a very average one.

Quote:
I'm SO glad Doug got to fact that extra batter.

Of all the things that could have realistically happened there (an out is NOT one of them, by the way), we probably did as well as we could getting the walk.

Of course, if Ned would have pulled Davis instead of just yelling randomly at the infielders (dang it, guys, this guy can't throw strikes and it's all YOUR fault!), we'd probably be out of this mess, but what fun would that be?

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Quote:
We are about to be 6.5 games behind the division leaders and people are nothing but negative.....

So the Cardinals have the bases loaded in the bottom of the 6th, are down by a run, and you are already counting this one in the win column. I'm all for being optimistic, but you can't paint a sunshiny picture on everything. It's great that we're only 4 games out of the WC and all, but that's mostly a result of a poor National League, not anything that a team 6 games under .500 did.

'Bout time DD is out.

The funny thing is his next outing fans on this board will be calling for the Brewers to resign him and forget all about his BB troubles as they have for the whole season. They'll talk about his numbers over the last two prior years and seem to forget he's a walk machine with a 5+ era. But yet we should give Davis the money and show Tomo the door? What a joke.

By the way, for those who were saying Davis was great today, final line is 5 2/3 IP, 4 BB, 3 K, 3 ER. That's a respectable outing -- if you're a #5 pitcher. If you're supposedly a #2 pitcher, that's not meeting expectations.

Quote:
The funny thing is his next outing fans on this board will be calling for the Brewers to resign him and forget all about his BB troubles as they have for the whole season. They'll talk about his numbers over the last two prior years and seem to forget he's a walk machine with a 5+ era. But yet we should give Davis the money and show Tomo the door? What a joke.

I sure won't be. He'll have a solid outing once in awhile, and people will sing his praises, but even Zack Jack has some good outings. Heck, Villanueva threw a scoreless 6 innings in his first start.

Archived