Brewer Fanatic

08/04/2006 Brewers (Davis) @ Cardinals (Carpenter), 7:10 CT

thablingster

Milwaukee Brewers

Doug Davis (6-6, 5.02)

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060725/capt.56e6cfc01ac94a83a3eb815677e778fe.pirates_brewers_baseball_wimg101.jpg

Davis received a no decision in his last start, a 5 inning, 3 earned run performance at home against Cincinnati. Davis is 2-4 with a 5.40 ERA in nine career appearances against the Cards.

@

St. Louis Cardinals

Chris Carpenter (10-5, 2.93)

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060726/capt.28fa229becf44231a876c7769cf8d184.cardinals_rockies_baseball_dxf102.jpg

Carpenter was roughed up in his last outing, going 4 innings and giving up 5 runs in a loss in Chicago against the Cubs. Carpenter is 2-2 with a 5.17 ERA in five career starts against the Brewers.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carpenter is a good pitcher. We tend to handle good pitchers well for some strange reason.

I never understood it, but when we face guys that are in the top couple of tiers statistically we tend to play some of our better games.

The game that makes me nervous is Sunday's game with Suppan, who has always had our number.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I hope Jenks gets a day off. Give Hart or Gabe the start in right. I also would like to see Billy starting to bat in the 5 spot. I know he strikes out too much for 2 or 3, but 5 is a decent spot for him,

OF the 3 games, this one worries me the most (considering who we are playing though they all worry me though)

If the Brewers score 2+. I'll be pumped.

I think what has happened is that the Brewers are doing a "Turn Back the Clock" promotion for the rest of the season. They're turning back the clock to the deadball era. This is what inspired the David Bell trade, I believe, as well as playing Tony Gwynn and not playing Corey Hart. It's just odd that they haven't announced this publicly to this point. But, it will become quite clear as the Brewers struggle to cross that magical 3 run mark game in and game out.

Tonight's lineups:

Brewers

CF Clark

2B Graffanino

1B Fielder

LF Mench

SS Hall

RF Jenkins

3B Bell

C Miller

P Davis

Cardinals

SS Eckstein

LF Duncan

1B Pujols

3B Rolen

RF Encarnacion

CF Edmonds

2B Belliard

C Molina

P Carpenter

Whoever wanted Hall to hit 5th, you got it, but you also have Jenkins hitting behind him http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif .

Jenkins can put all the bad feelings behind him with a big series. I believe he can do it. Homer and 3rbis would be great tonight.

We have to score first. Clark needs to get on right away, bunt him over, and get a clutch hit. I want to play from ahead right away.

Archived