Brewer Fanatic

Generation Kill - HBO

RobertR

I can't be the only one watching this. Especially since it comes from the people behind THE WIRE.

So far, I think this is a winner. Really good production values, an assortment of personalities, "colorful" language, a sense of humor, and already thematic similarities to THE WIRE in the shortcomings of institutions.

Anyone else watching?

Robert

I've been watching, I like it so far.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

I'd like to check this out. A lot of people have said the Wire overall beats out the Sopranos. Unfortunately, my girlfriend isn't a fan of cop-type shows, so I haven't had a chance to start the Wire since I only watch tv when we are hanging out. I also never got to finish Oz which bums me out.

I was on a Big Love kick and got through all those, same with Entourage. It really seems as HBO can't do much wrong. It was unfortunate that Lucky Louie got cancelled, that show was hilarious. I miss HBO on demand a lot.

I'll be watching this, but I like to save up a few episodes of a new show before I watch it. I feel it helps me get into the show a little better.

I'm pretty excited for it. So far all 3 TV shows that David Simon has been involved with (Homicide: Life of the Street, The Corner, and The Wire) have been excellent. Actually he's been on an upward swing, with Homicide being good, the Corner being better, and the Wire being even better than that. Not sure this will be able to keep that going, but it will be interesting to see them try.

I 2nd the complaint about Lucky Louie being canceled though. That sucked, I thought it was the best sitcom since King of the Hill (which coincidentally also stars Pamela Adlon). If you liked Lucky Louie, you should check out "The Minor Accomplishments of Jackie Woodman" on IFC. It stars Laura Kightlinger, who played Adlon's friend on Lucky Louie. The show has gotten no buzz that I'm aware of, but it is hilarious.

I am also watching and thought the first episode was great. I love seeing some of the old Wire actors again - especially James Ransone.

Jim Norton was so great on Lucky Louie (though he always is) - that was the biggest reason it sucked that it got cancelled.

Archived