Brewer Fanatic

bobbles shipped still doing local pickups braun helena brewers bobble

mattsr0625

I realize that. I guess I just surprised that no one else questioned this, especially since he seems to be making a sizable profit ($1000+) from this.

Maybe I'm just old school - You want the giveaway, you buy a ticket and go to the game.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I realize that. I guess I just surprised that no one else questioned this, especially since he seems to be making a sizable profit ($1000+) from this.

Maybe I'm just old school - You want the giveaway, you buy a ticket and go to the game.

im not trying to be a jerk but no one else questions this for 2 reasons, i have a good reputation with the board members, and there is a great demand for these here. but collecting is a business for some and a hobby for others. depends on what side you are on. also i am takeing bobbles away form the middle of nowhere montana where they could care less about the brewers and putting them in the hands of true brewers fans/collectors. and i think that i can speak for everyone buying one from me, its cheaper and easier to spend 75 on one the fly to montana buy a ticket and go to the game. i dont see how thats any different from the people standing outside miller park buying them and putting them on ebay only to sell them to someone in florida. but once again i not trying to be a jerk mearly get a point across. thanks

...also i am taking bobbles away form the middle of nowhere Montana where they could care less about the brewers and putting them in the hands of true brewers fans/collectors.

Bingo!

20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

I apologize if I am bringing up a ridiculous question, but are you guys entirely sure that these Ryan Braun bobbles are not the exact same ones that were a SGA at Miller Park? Many of the NWL teams in Wisconsin have given extra Braun bobbles out as a promotion and it seems likely to me that the Helena Brewers could have easily made a similar deal with the big club. Does anyone have a picture or description from the Helena Brewers that proves that this is not the case?

Sorry to inform you guys, but I have breaking information that these bobbleheads were never given out due to being "Stuck in Customs" yet there are 2 on ebay claiming that they were. Those who are big in the hobby can definitely make the connection here.

Sorry to inform you guys, but I have breaking information that these bobbleheads were never given out due to being "Stuck in Customs" yet there are 2 on ebay claiming that they were. Those who are big in the hobby can definitely make the connection here.

I don't know what this is supposed to mean? I don't know Matt. I don't know who his "sources" are. I don't know how he found out about the bobbleheads in Helena. I had initially thought about buying one from him in fact. But I found another person that lives in Helena, and goes to many games to get me one. That person knew before the game that the bobbles were stuck in customs, and informed me of this. And now Matt is hearing the same thing. I challenge you to find an actual picture of one on eBay. There are a couple out there for sale, but there is no picture of it.

I don't know if I am reading your post the wrong, or taking it a different way. But it sounds to me that you are accusing Matt, and thus me for first mentioning that they were stuck in customs, of ripping people off and lying to everyone. That is totally ridiculous. "Those who are big in the hobby can make the connection," huh? Well, you must not be in it at all because I'd sure trust a couple of people on this website, rather than someone on eBay who has no picture of the bobblehead they claim was given out.

Sorry for the rant. It just ticks me off when someone accuses me of lying when they have no factual base to it.

EDIT: Here's another article about them being delayed in customs.

This isn't breaking news, and there is no big scandal going on. The bobbles are stuck in customs. It isn't the first time something like this happened, and it won't be the last.

As far as the eBayer selling them, he has a way of obtaining stadium giveaways and selling them. He probably anticipates having these bobbles from wherever he has gotten his former stock from. I don't think we can jump to conclusions and say that he (nor anyone else, on this site or not) has stolen them from the docks.

Check out this "news article" from the same guy who posted in this forum:

http://busleagues.wordpress.com/2008/08/04/helena-brewers-bobblehead-giveaway-mia/

I hate to say it, but let us all stop jumping to conclusions and posting theoretical notions.

This is not breaking news comptixking we already new about them being stuck in customs.

I think what comptixking is saying Dmiles23 has nothing to do with Matt. He is saying that there is a specific reason why the bobbleheads are stuck in customs and those in the bobblehead world would possibly know why or be able to guess why.

That's just my take on his post though.

~ Zach

Archived