Brewer Fanatic

Future All Star game locations

Ari, Cin, SD, and Was have all built stadiums since they last hosted. LAD is also a strong candidate. 2011 would be the 50th aniversary of Doger Stadium and it hasn't hosted since 80.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

LAD is also a strong candidate. 2011 would be the 50th aniversary of Doger Stadium and it hasn't hosted since 80.

That seems to be a pretty convincing argument. I would be surprised if it wasn't Dodger Stadium considering the 50th anniversary and all.

Ari, Cin, SD, and Was have all built stadiums since they last hosted. LAD is also a strong candidate. 2011 would be the 50th aniversary of Doger Stadium and it hasn't hosted since 80.

Petco and Dodger Stadium... I think I'll be able to skip the HR derby if they go to either place... it would probably take 4 to advance to the second round, and that might be conservative...

If I had to guess I would say either Nationals Park or Citi Field, just because of the market sizes and everything is about money...

Community Moderator
I thought the HR derby would be bad at Tiger Stadium, but they crush them so far that the walls don't really matter. Only about 5 of Hamilton's shots were anywhere near the wall.

I bet Arizona or Cincinnati would get the game. Arizona has never hosted, and Cincinnati hasn't since the 80s. Plus, they may want to continue alternating between leagues and trying to showcase new stadiums. Plus, I don't think they'd want to keep it in SoCal for 2 consecutive years.

2009 St. Louis

2010 Anaheim

2011 Would New York (Mets new park) be a safe bet? When do they normally announce such things?

The New York news stations (I live in New York) were saying this morning that the Mets are expecting an official announcement soon from MLB that they will be hosting the 2013 All Star Game.

That would make me lean towards Arizona then

Internet research finds "...The Los Angeles Times reported earlier this week that the 2010 All-Star Game is expected to be awarded to the Los Angeles Angels at Anaheim and the 2012 Game is likely headed to Kansas City. And the wild card - a USA Today report the 2011 or 2013 All-Star Game would be awarded to the New York Mets and their new Flushing stadium." (the article is year old though)

and

"...

Selig attended the Diamondbacks' home-opener against the Cincinnati Reds and spoke about the possibility of Phoenix hosting an All-Star game in the near future.

Selig said there was a "good chance" Chase Field could host the event in 2011, which is the earliest Phoenix could hold the event."

some Arizona page

I'd be pretty surprised if LA got the All-Star game in 2 consecutive years.

D'oh. I guess since I grew up with the CALIFORNIA Angels, I don't think of them as being in LA. Arizona and Washington would be my guess of front runners.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Archived