Brewer Fanatic

08/08/2006: Brewers (Ohka) vs. Cubs (Marmol), 7:05 CT

thablingster
  • Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A .757 OPS for a corner OF isn't anything special. Thats not to say Cabrera is a terrible player, he gets on base a decent amount and can hit for average. He just has no pop, which should change as he gets older.

And that is why Gabe is better suited to be a 3-4-5 guy. That a boy Gabe.

You know Rickey Henderson hit 28 HR and slugged .577 leading off one year? There's nothing wrong with a leadoff man with power.

all im saying is that gross should be a 4th outfielder and a bat off the bench.

I'll agree with that, I guess. He wouldn't kill them as a platoon player, though.

Quote:
all im saying is that gross should be a 4th outfielder and a bat off the bench. I'm not saying get rid of him.

2006 OPS

Carlos Lee - .867

Gabe Gross - .858

Not saying Gross is as good as Carlos, especially since Gross rarely gets an AB vs. a lefty, but still you can't ignore the season Gross is having.

He had 80 something that year, I think. The SB just isn't that good of a play, especially when your team struggles to score runs. I'd much rather have Kevin Youkilis leading off than Juan Pierre or some junk like that.

With Weeks, it's fine because he'll probably make it. I'm just glad Ned doesn't want to run into outs.

what i'm saying is that you can look at stats and read into them differently them others. production is the bottom line , for every stat that is good you could probably come up with a bad one that contradicts it

Quote:
what i'm saying is that you can look at stats and read into them differently them others. production is the bottom line , for every stat that is good you could probably come up with a bad one that contradicts it

Gotcha.

This arguement has taken place over such a long period of time I hardly remember what we were even arguing about. We'll just call it a wash. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

If Daron was right... Jeff Cirillo AND Corey Hart batting back to back? Ned must be desperate!

I hope he pulls the trigger on the move, I am not looking forward to Gross vs. a lefty.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Archived